Contact for Shipping Rate in US?

Please, can someone help clarify? I realize this is extremely newbie but with COVID I have to re-set our shipping policies and want to get it correct the first time around. For some reason I am having difficulty updating listings.

If my "ship from" address is Canada & my "location" is in Canada, then Domestic shipping is for Canadians and International Shipping is other countries, yes? Even when listing on .COM? I unfortunately suspect it is not.

With COVID I am not currently able to ship from the states as per usual (14+ years). At the moment I have no idea what it costs to ship large paintings or packages to different zones in the US from Canada. All my items are custom sizes and few are standard size/weight and package size and handling is often determined on the fly depending on what materials are available on any given day or, if its an auction, what the signature confirmation and insurance amounts are relative to the final sale price. This wasn't too difficult with a knowledge of USPS rates but CPC is a complete unknown for me for foreign shipments.

Is there a way to have "contact for postage rate" for US Customers? There is "cost is calculated by buyer location" but it is insufficient at any scale, at least until I get used to the CPC.

The good thing about postage from Canada is it can, theoretically, be in the mail faster 🙂

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Canada Post calculator: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

If listing on .CA domestic shipping is Canada

If listing on .COM domestic shipping is USA

If listing on .CA you can mark that you ship to Canada and to the USA and do not specify a shipping service for the USA.  Buyer will be told by ebay to contact you for shipping cost.

If listing on .CA and parcel weight is over 2kg you can use calculated shipping with Canada Post Expedited Parcel USA as the service.  Under 2kg you can pick Tracked Packet USA or Small Packet USA.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you also ship overseas, you will have THREE prices for shipping.

Domestic (Canada or USA)

USA or Canada- depending on which site you are using.

Overseas.

The last two are found under International Shipping and you can hit Custom Location more than once.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply