Does Calculated Shipping on ebay.ca work only with Canada Post?

I think I already know the answer to this but I'm looking for confirmation of it and/or more information.

When a seller is set up to use Calculated Shipping on ebay.ca, is Canada Post is the only shipping method that works with it? We currently have some kind of agreement with FedEx and it was UPS when I first started selling here but it looks to me like those options are useable only with Flat-Rate Shipping. Like, the back-end calculated shipping tool is only functional for CPC rates and nothing else.

Am I incorrect? Or is there something I missed? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@mjwl2006 wrote:

When a seller is set up to use Calculated Shipping on ebay.ca, is Canada Post is the only shipping method that works with it? We currently have some kind of agreement with FedEx and it was UPS when I first started selling here but it looks to me like those options are useable only with Flat-Rate Shipping. Like, the back-end calculated shipping tool is only functional for CPC rates and nothing else.

Am I incorrect? Or is there something I missed? 

I don't think you missed anything, pretty sure it's just Canada Post for Canadian sellers when it comes to calculated shipping..

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

my self i would never use fed ex they may offer cheaper shipping but as far as i no they charge your customer heavey fees like brokerage fees dont think too many people will come bck to you,and this calculated shipping does that include ebay and pay pal fees i doubt it,i always use my own judgement and charge a flat rate to canada and the usa if someone wants something in another country i will use can post shipping rate,and not often but in some circumstances ive been out a couple bucks either up or down,,after you have shipped a couple thousand items you can tell what it will cost witinn a buck er two,unless it goes past quebec u may loose a buck er two

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I did my first label in a week or so today, starting from Paypal not eBay, and got a choice of Canada Post or a courier.

I didn't notice which courier, sorry.

And again, although it was an eBay sale, I didn't start from eBay.

I am getting into the habit of going directly to PP for addresses and proof of payment now that so many of my listings are on dotCOM which can't be used at all for shipping.

Hope that is more helpful than confused.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

my self i would never use fed ex they may offer cheaper shipping but as far as i [know] they charge your customer heavy fees like brokerage fees dont think too many people will come back to you,...

Canada to Canada - there are no additional FedEx fees

Canada to USA - extra fees when you're over the basic US exemption

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Right. My plan would be to use a courier for domestic service but drive to the USA to utilize USPS for overseas orders.... if a Canada Post work stoppage truly comes to pass. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply