Does eBay offer listing backgrounds

I just recently quit using Auctive because of their ridiculous rate increase and listed a couple of radios using the eBay listing service.

The leBay istings look bland - no colour or backgrounds. Does eBay offer anything like that?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does eBay offer listing backgrounds

@rosscd57 wrote:

I just recently quit using Auctive because of their ridiculous rate increase and listed a couple of radios using the eBay listing service.

The leBay istings look bland - no colour or backgrounds. Does eBay offer anything like that?

eBay had additional built in backgrounds but were eliminated a number of years ago. I stopped using Auctiva and one other due to their rising costs(exchange rate).  There was Turbo Lister but was retired June 2020.  Replacement is Wonder lister available with a number of subscription plans. I believe all tools are in US funds unfortunately.

https://wonderlister.com/desktop/

https://wonderlister.com/online

Additional tools

https://www.webretailer.com/reviews/category/ebay-selling/

Recent discussion on dot ca new listing tool.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/new-listing-tool-first-try-review/m-p/477172#M135941

https://pages.ebay.ca/sell/advancedtoolfaq.html

The US version has been available on dot com for months with numerous revisions. Unsure how long we will have before tool becomes the permanent standard.  Meaning once you choose you will be unable to backtrack. 

"Eventually the business and quick listing tools will be completely replaced by the new listing tool. In the meantime, if you previously used the quick listing tool and want to switch back, you can select Switch to classic view from the top of the page. Sellers who previously used the business tool, and newly registered sellers will no longer see the option to switch back. "

-Lotz

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

DIY.........

eBay provides an empty pallet, you fill it as you wish.

For an easy and simple solution just add a background colour, this will make YOUR description area more obvious amongst the pile of junk eBay inserts into the listing page.

I have to say, looking at your older listings with the Auctiva stuff, it's so old school and really clashes with the clean look that dominates the internet these days.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I just did my own...

then used it as a template for all my listings.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

They look good - I opened up eBay listing service and could not find anything that would provide results like yours.

So here is my dumb question: how did you do that?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Personally I prefer simple and clean.  The older I get the more difficult it is to read coloured fonts or fonts on a different background.

I also prefer when the information is listed before any pictures.   I can see the pics in the eBay gallery, I don't really want to scroll over them again in order to read the information.   I don't use a phone to shop here but I would think that it would be even more annoying to have to keep scrolling on a phone to reach the info.  Just my opinion though. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Using the HTML (tab) and old-fashioned coding...

...on a laptop in advanced listing mode on eBay.

You can create the look you want...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This is why I use the Item Specifics as much as possible and create a few extra for the APP Buyers as eBay does not really push item descriptions as the thing to read...

...it's the pictures and Item Specifics that are shown first in the app view of a listing to Buyers.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Just to throw in my two cents worth I use The Seller Sourcebook. It's less than $10.00 US, hosts your pirtures and has a helpfull staff. Has lots of templates that you can also customize.   You can add aditional comments under your pictures, which I find really helpfull. Never thought about how it looks on a phone though.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

There used to be a poster here who also used a lot of pictures and had quite a bit of information in the description area.  Just out of curiousity, I looked at one of her listings and it was 9 pages on my phone.  That's a lot of scrolling.    I didn't have the app so I'm not sure how the app would have handled it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I made some - just colour backgrounds- using some very very basic HTML coding.

What I actually did, as I recall, was make some Ruby Lane listings, which I was using at that time (nice site but not suited to my stock), then cut and pasted them into eBay with the RL coding.

But I also added some other stuff on a "well let's see what happens with this" basis using this website.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/html/html_formatting.htm

Then when I found coding that worked, I saved it on a text document.

Here's my first three instructions -- maybe they will help you.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"><font rwr="1" style="font-family:Arial" size="4"><!-- Auction ad begins here --><center><table cellpadding="10" border="2"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><center><b><font size="+5" color="red" face="Textile"><br><br>

</font><font face=Textile size=+3 color=blue><BR><BR>

</font><font face=Textile size=+2 color=black><BR><BR>

Message 11 of 11
latest reply