Ending USD LISTINGS on .ca

Guess I misread something somewhere . I have converted some of my listings to .com & some to CDN $ on .ca but still was listing some in USD on .ca thinking that existing listings in USD were ok till Aug. & would change as they came up. Got a phone call from eBay this am saying these listings MAY be ended by eBay & that I needed to change them over.  Good till cancelled are OK but not the others. Anyone else get a call or have any listings ended. None of mine have been ended as of yet. They will all expire or end within the next 20 days or so. Guess I need to read more carefully!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ending USD LISTINGS on .ca

I began ending and converting manually all of my listings to .ca a little more than a month ago. Recently finished the relisting part. That may explain why I did not get a phone call.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

USD GTC listings put up today or tomorrow (or whenever the last day is for USD on .ca) will renew in July but will be ended. in August.

USD 30 Day FP listings or Auctions will run their course but will not be relistable once they end.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

That is what I thought too & when they expired I would have to decide whether to list in CDN  on .ca or go to .com. But the rep that called said I needed to do something with them right away & that eBay MAY end them early. What's with that? I thought perhaps I had misunderstood something. He told me it was just the good till cancelled which would renew till the beginning of Aug then would need to be changed. Did not make sense to me why those would continue & yet the others would not run their course. He went away to check with someone higher up the ladder too.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've been getting emails about the one or two listings a day that were not GTC and still in USD on dotCA. (Wow, that's a lot of jargon,eh?)

But no phone calls.

Those may be just a tactic to move us along, especially if the rep does not actually know much about what is happening.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

First you get an email from eBay....   got mine yesterday.....

then a phone call....

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I tried using the tool quite a while a while ago and it didn't work.

Today I received a call and basically told the person I couldn't care less what they do.

Now if they would have phoned and said, "geez we noticed that you closed your anchor store and your sales have dropped from gold powerseller off to near nothing, and you hardly ever even put up a new listing, is here anything we can do to help?"

...then I might have been persuaded to pay attention....

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

can someone say for sure, that are regular 30 days listings in us$$ will run their course but not be renewed.. that is how i took it as well. i am sure the memo said that after june 14th all listing on .ca have to be canada $$, but the ones before are fine.. Pierre can you clarify this, for all of us. thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Here is the link to the official eBay announcement, earlier today:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/06/14/7800/

"As of today, June 14, 2016, new, relist, or sell similar listings created on eBay.ca must be listed in Canadian dollars"

There is no mention of delisting or removing listings already on the site.

We will all know for sure.... tomorrow!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

thanks Pierre, i have read it several times, and no mention of ending existing auctions, only no new ones.. thanks

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Several listings in US dollars were revised to Canadian dollars....

The word during the revision was no US dollar listings will be uploaded to eBay Canada.... starting today June 14.

Only listings in Canadian dollars can be uploaded to eBay Canada, as of June 14.

From that email received yesterday... all GTC listings in US dollars will end  starting August 3, 2016...

and that phone call... not received ... yet.....

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The question was asked of Raphael on one of the boards and he did say that non gtc listings will not be renewed after the deadline but they would run their normal course.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply