Expedited Lite for Canadian Sellers using eBay Labels

This just showed up hot off the presses.

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&ems...

Only available on eBay Labels: Ship small. Save big.

Package specifications

Ship with an envelope or a small parcel that meets the following criteria:

• Weighs no more than 200 grams

• No one dimension exceeds 41 cm (16.1”)

• Maximum volume (L x W x H) of up to 3,220 cubic centimeters

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1683133474900.png

YAYYYYYY!!!!!

-Lotz

Message 1 of 181
latest reply
180 REPLIES 180

I saw this too! That's a huge plus for light stuff, wow!  Wonder if it will show in calculated shipping?? Doesn't look like it's a service with Canada Post directly (couldn't find any info) so not sure how it would work.

On a side note, do you know how long (on average) eBay labels takes to collect money? I'm still waiting to be billed for label I bought through eBay labels a few days ago. I hadn't used them for a while but looks like it can still take up to a week?

Message 2 of 181
latest reply

This is incredible! Unfortunately it's only for a few very specific categories (items in the trading cards, paper money, coins, and comic books categories) right now. I assume (hope) they'll roll it out to everything once they get any kinks out. I mean, they don't even include postcards right now which would seem a no-brainer to add.

It's amazing news regardless!

Message 3 of 181
latest reply

Same email just arrived here as well. Great news for trading card, coin and comic book sellers but why just those specific categories? This is a nothingburger for most sellers.
Message 4 of 181
latest reply

Thanks for pointing that out! I mis-read it as "small items like" meaning for size comparison purposes. I didn't realize it was specific categories only. Still many people will be very happy!

Message 5 of 181
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Same email just arrived here as well. Great news for trading card, coin and comic book sellers but why just those specific categories? This is a nothingburger for most sellers.

@kawartha-ephemera 

The part of the announcement that states "collectibles" needs to be tinkered with majorly. It's similar to having something that qualifies for antique but not antiques in all categories. A 100 year old book is still a 100 year old book and an antique!!! Sad how eBay fine print seems to get us every time!!!

According to the original email sample rates are from only Toronto. Hopefully that is not another limitation to this offering? <Tongue in cheek>

-Lotz

Message 6 of 181
latest reply

I don't think it's just for specific categories, it's just giving you examples of things that can be mailed using the service.

It lets me print an "Expedited Lite" label for a video game I have to ship today, for example. Pretty sure if it just falls within the weight/size restrictions that Lotz mentioned in the first post then it's good to go! I'm still going to ship the video games I have Lettermail though because it's still like $4 cheaper than "Expedited Lite" and they're low value games lol. "Expedited Lite" is giving me $7.96 for a video game from Winnipeg to London Ontario which I assume already includes taxes and fuel surcharge.

But a huge kudos to eBay Canada for negotiating this! First the Level 4 savings, and now this. Wow, this is great news. This comes completely out of the blue - there wasn't any communication with post offices that a service like this was even coming (probably because it's specific to eBay at the moment). If Canada Post makes an announcement or anything I'll let you guys know.

Message 7 of 181
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

I don't think it's just for specific categories, it's just giving you examples of things that can be mailed using the service.

It lets me print an "Expedited Lite" label for a video game I have to ship today, for example. Pretty sure if it just falls within the weight/size restrictions that Lotz mentioned in the first post then it's good to go! I'm still going to ship the video games I have Lettermail though because it's still like $4 cheaper than "Expedited Lite" and they're low value games lol.

But a huge kudos to eBay Canada for negotiating this! First the Level 4 savings, and now this. Wow, this is great news. This comes completely out of the blue - there wasn't any communication with post offices that a service like this was even coming (probably because it's specific to eBay at the moment). If Canada Post makes an announcement or anything I'll let you guys know.

@dinomitesales 

If you check the dot ca category map for "Collectibles" this is what you see.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1683135707437.png

Hopefully that was just a partial list. Maybe this concern needs to be clarified with eBay??? 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 181
latest reply

Please be careful if you happen to click on the shipping supplies link attached to the above message. It brings you to the US dot com store with totally different offerings for buyers with shipping costs. Example. 5" x 7" (100) for 41.26 CAD. (30.28 USD). This item is not available in the Canadian store.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 181
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hopefully that was just a partial list. Maybe this concern needs to be clarified with eBay??? 

Maybe the email was customized to reflect the type of merchandise you generally sell.

Message 10 of 181
latest reply

@dinomitesalesThat's interesting that it let you do that in other categories. This is the eBay page for the new labels:

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite

It's pretty clear in the FAQ that it only covers those four things.

Message 11 of 181
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

Hmm.  So much for my theory.

Message 12 of 181
latest reply

devon@ebay  Can we get clarification on whether we are allowed to select the new Expedited lite service for anything that fits the weight and size restriction?

Message 13 of 181
latest reply

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that at some point it becomes available to the "over the counter" (stamps on the box) kinda folks.

The problem continues for me as a stamp seller that whilst it might be cheaper, tracking is moreso for my protection than my buyers and a signficant portion of my buyers consider it blasphemy to NOT put stamps on the packages. I am 100% sure some of my regular customers are with me because of the stamps on the packages, I get a number of thank you notes, feedback etc from them and expressions of their anger at the other sellers that don't put stamps on.

So I'll grin and bear it and hope a surprise over the counter change comes at some point down the road.

PS I'm also getting a glimmer of hope that at some point we might see the international tracked rates become closer to the small packet rates.....one can always hope!!!

Message 14 of 181
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Maybe the email was customized to reflect the type of merchandise you generally sell.

@marnotom! 

I sell in a multitude categories in that grouping alone. Due to the fact "category" can be very subjective, this leaves lots to interpretation or honest bad guessing. I routinely see items listed in incorrect categories. That used to be a criminal offence punishable by an immediate warning from eBay HQ. 

-Lotz

Message 15 of 181
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@dinomitesalesThat's interesting that it let you do that in other categories. This is the eBay page for the new labels:

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite

Hmm, after reading that page, you're definitely right. I wonder why it gives me the option to ship a video game that way. Maybe just a glitch since the service implementation is so new.

Anyone else outside of the specificed categories get the "Expedited Lite" option when going to create a shipping label?

Message 16 of 181
latest reply

It probably is just a glitch that might take them a while to fix. It took years for eBay to allow media mail to  be printed just for specfic categories on the US site.

Message 17 of 181
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

devon@ebay  Can we get clarification on whether we are allowed to select the new Expedited lite service for anything that fits the weight and size restriction?

Hi @flipistics! Let me get this question over to the Shipping team and I I will let you know what they say as soon as I hear back. 

Message 18 of 181
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@flipistics I was able to reach out to the Shipping team and this is what they shared on the new service:

"Expedited Lite is designed for shipping light weight items in the Collectibles category with a tracked service."

Message 19 of 181
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@flipistics wrote:

@flipistics I was able to reach out to the Shipping team and this is what they shared on the new service:

"Expedited Lite is designed for shipping light weight items in the Collectibles category with a tracked service."

devon@ebay 

Do you have a tentative date when that option will be available in all of those permitted sub categories of Collectibles? In attempting to create a listing under Collectibles...Photographic images the new service does not display. If sellers want to use that new service is it built in to the eBay calculator or the only way to make it available is by using the flat rate option and determining what rate works best for you?

As a side issue we recently discovered if you pre-fill parcel weight prior to choosing mailing services, services no longer are available to choose from the drop down. (Expedited Parcel Canada is 1 missing example.) You have to choose your services first and then update with weight and pkg size. 

-Lotz

Message 20 of 181
latest reply