Feedback, so how does this happen

Buyer with 0 feedback sends me a best offer which I accept, does not pay and did not hear from them. Cancelled the transaction as a buyer request, in hindsight should have filed a Unpaid Item. Anyhow a month later I receive positive feedback but with the feedback as "The shipping price was too high".  How can a buyer who does not complete a transaction be allowed to leave feedback.

Oh well, at least it was positive feedback (Green). oh and they complained because the shipping to New York would have been $11.62. Geez.. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, leaving feedback is still possible for a cancelled transaction unless a UID is filed. I think years ago I had a buyer left me a positive feedback too... when it was actually my fault that I ran out of the item, but I offered them a similar item at a discounted price, which they declined and opted for a refund. They still left me a positive feedback for “excellent communication” (it’s a repeat buyer).

Since you still got a positive feedback I wouldn’t sweat it, but if it was a neutral or negative I’m sure you can call eBay to have it removed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, leaving feedback is still possible for a cancelled transaction unless a UID is filed. I think years ago I had a buyer left me a positive feedback too... when it was actually my fault that I ran out of the item, but I offered them a similar item at a discounted price, which they declined and opted for a refund. They still left me a positive feedback for “excellent communication” (it’s a repeat buyer).

Since you still got a positive feedback I wouldn’t sweat it, but if it was a neutral or negative I’m sure you can call eBay to have it removed.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Like zee says. Unpaid Item disputes mean no feedback can be left, the outcome of certain Resolution Centre disputes mean no feedback can be left, but Cancelled Orders (even those requested by the buyer) are feedback-allowed.

Your zero-feedback buyer sounds a bit suspect. I get tons of zero-feedback buyers and they’re Guest checkouts. I also find actual new account holders rarely leave feedback, as they are intimidated by the process, until a lot of feedback is left for them. Unless it is a new account for an existing member. Does the address ring and bells? Maybe this was an existing customer.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks everyone, not going to sweat it, more of annoyance. Buyer sends in best offer, it's accepted, doesn't pay and then complains about the shipping charges when they are clearly listed.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply