First Foray into Promotions Manager ~:0!!

I've given the new "Promotions Manager" a try, I'll see in about 10 minutes what the result is.  It took me nearly an hour to get my sale set up (see "Issues" below).  BTW, for those who don't yet know, this is the feature that replaces the old "Markdown Manager" (which I liked, it was quick and easy to use).  Thanks to Tyler, I was at least able to find the new feature.  However, I think the programming needs work: 

Issues I had: 

• First time through, I couldn't see all my store categories in the selection list, no matter what I did.  Then it occurred to me there might be more below the screen.  I adjusted my screen from 100% zoom to 75%, and there it was at the very bottom -- "See all categories".  OK, somebody needs to re-design the layout of this feature.  A lot is obliterated by the bar across the bottom of the screen. 
  • Two of the categories I chose produced no visible results on the list of items chosen.  Other categories did populate the list.  Whatever is going on there, I don't know.  I played around with this for nearly 1/2 an hour, then gave up, selected "All Inventory", still didn't see all my items on the list, but what the heck, I hit the "Launch" button, we'll see what happens. 
  • I started this adventure trying to set up 2 levels of discount for 2 different sets of categories -- 15% and 20%.  Presumably the programme is intended to handle this, but it was so convoluted, and the items in the 2nd set just didn't appear at all, so I gave up.  I'd say avoid this until the eBay programmers make it work properly. 

I'll report back once I see what the damage result is in my store.   

On the positive side, if they can make this feature work easily and be more user-friendly, in principle it is more flexible and customizable than the old feature.  Like most newly-introduced features on eBay, it needs attention to really be of use to sellers.  I can't imagine trying to set up a 2-level sale with 5,000 items in 30 different categories.   Forget that for now -- or tell us if you're in this situation and have tried it. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

OK, now for the "aha" moment. 

It dawned on me that maybe the reason all those items I chose from the 2nd set of categories just stubbornly wouldn't appear on the list was because I was working from my .ca Seller Hub, and these were .com listings. 

Sure enough, it appears a markdown sale has to be set up separately on each site now, for each set of listings.   That's quite a change from the old markdown manager.  I probably should have known, because for quite some time it didn't seem that data was being updated and shared properly anymore between .ca and .com.  More busy-work, and more monitoring.   

Oh well, now that I've spent half my day on this, I'm done. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Rosedee-wrote:
Sure enough, it appears a markdown sale has to be set up separately on each site now, for each set of listings.   That's quite a change from the old markdown manager.  I probably should have known, because for quite some time it didn't seem that data was being updated and shared properly anymore between .ca and .com. 
-------------

I agree the Seller Hub is a little confusing for those users listing on multiple sites.

Some data such as Overview, Traffic and Sales is site specific yet Orders and Listings combine all sites into a single set of data.

I no longer have a store subscription so my view of the Marketing page is limited. I'm wondering though if the page layout follows the format of the other pages that separate data by listing site.

The Overview and Performance pages have a drop down menu at the top right corner to toggle the data between sites, for me from Canada to USA and vice versa.

Perhaps the Marketing pages follow the same format? Just a thought.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What does '~:0!!' mean? I'm not fluent in emoticons. Is that an angry, yelling face with steam rising from their head on a body wearing a Napoleon-style coat?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

~:0 (shock, and, or, surprise)

!! (very, very)

~(_8^(I) Do'h
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

~:0!!  = Hair on fire with mouth wide open yelling, the !! = an exclamatory doubling of the effect.   

I had just about had enough of eBay by that point.  A task that used to take me 10 minutes, tops, ended up devouring half my day.    

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

~(_8^(I) Do'h

Homer J Simpson   look at it sideways

Message 7 of 7
latest reply