GTC Relist Dates for April

Made a quick chart of renewal dates for GTC (when they will or wont incur double renewals). It is based on a 30-day auto-renewing GTC for a term of 16 months.

For the month of April posting in the first three days will incur a double relist from 1-5 months if posted from the 1st -3rd. No renewals for the first 16 months can only be posted starting April 9th.

GTCRenewal-Dates-April.jpg

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

OMG, I am getting stupider and stupider. Could you please explain this for me. What do you mean by double relist and how does it happen. Sorry, but I'm really having trouble getting my head around things these days.
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@around_again_records

eBay has eliminated fixed-priced listings and mandated the GTC format.

GTC is structured as a 30-day auto-renewed subscription. Every 30-days you are charged for a listing or zero-rated credit from your monthly allotment.

Due to the fact that months vary in duration (28-31 days) and GTC's renew every 30 days if you list on certain days you will experience a double listing charge.

The above chart is intended to help sellers determine when this will occur and how to plan accordingly:

- The left column represents the original listing date.
- each column to the right represents the next renewal (or the 31st day / 1st day of the next 30-day cycle).
- the days marked in red will incur a double listing fee at some point in the next 16 months (if listed on that day)
- the red blocks represent when a double charge occurs

If anyone notices an error in the methodology please correct.

The GTC format is new to me, as I purchased my store subscription based on a contract of 30-day fixed price listings, this is my attempt to wrap my head around how to restructure my entire eBay section of my business.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

The time of your listing may also be a determining factor. Therefore the chart should be amended to show the day before and after the red insertion days to be orange or caution.

Does this make sense?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Nice chart ... thanks.

Did you write an excel function to calculate the renewal dates or did you just count em out on a calendar?

The double list months that will really catch people by surprise will be those happening years out from their listing date. At least per today's announcement we have a reprieval from GTC implementation until July. How about that, for once ebay.ca has the upper hand!

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected 

Going forward, any version of a previously used promotion "could" throw a monkey wrench into the entire proceedings depending on how the promotion was worded and its length.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Some sellers may even think twice before actually using a promotion depending on how it would affect their schedule and bank book.

-Lotz
Message 7 of 30
latest reply

This will be useful for those of us who also list on dotCOM, in spite of the "reprieve".

If you are feeling generous, you could repost it there.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

It is important to note how the GTC reduced the number of listable days in a month.

Our contracts are for 100% (28-31 days).

In the month of April there are now 22 days (if playing it safe). This is a 29% reduction or 71% efficiency.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected wrote:

It is important to note how the GTC reduced the number of listable days in a month.

In the month of April there are now 22 days (if playing it safe). This is a 29% reduction or 71% efficiency.

If you list today you can end the listing in 29 days 23 hours and 55 minutes to avoid a renewal. I'll let you calculate what percentage 5 minutes is out of 30 days but I can tell without thinking that it is nowhere near 29%.

A 30 day listing runs for 30 days, no idea where you are getting "28-31 days"?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

You and me both. Just got a notice that it won't happen till July 2019 now but things that were 30 days are relisting automatically. And when they relist is there any insertion fees involved.
Message 11 of 30
latest reply

What do you mean we have a reprieve. I have had about 10 items relisted in the last couple of days automatically. And just got notification that it won't apply till July.
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:
What do you mean we have a reprieve. I have had about 10 items relisted in the last couple of days automatically. And just got notification that it won't apply till July.

Fixed Price listings on .COM are now GTC only.

eBay.CA will not be switching over until July. You can use 5, 7, 10, 30 day or GTC as a fixed price choice until then for .CA.

Listings with length in days should only renew if

Automatically relist this item up to 2 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist.

is checked off.

-..-

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@recped

Glad you live by the computer to end your listings. This option is not available to everyone.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

I have had a couple of items relist automatically with the GTC in the last few days. That's what I was trying to say. Weren't selling and I wasn't planning on relisting right now. Some are on US.com but the couple I am talking about are on ebay.ca.
I don't need to watch for this till July now?
Message 15 of 30
latest reply

@luv4orphans

What @ypdc_dennis said.

If you list on dotCOM then the GTC mandate is currently active.

If you list on dotCA you should still have the option to list on a 30-day fixed. If you use GTC on dotCA then it will still auto-renew it's what GTC is (basically an open subscription).

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@luv4orphans 

You don't need to leave them there.

Just cancel them manually. You won't get the listing fee back but you won't be stressed about watching for them to end which is worth 35 cents in my book.

I forgot the date for my revived /new ID and all ten of the listings renewed. Silly me.

At least the renewal was free since I'm still on the new seller restriction. But I wanted to put up ten different items this month. Poot.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

The system did it automatically on its own when it ended. That's what I am saying here.
I don't use that feature of GTC. Only the 30 days and relist what I want to relist at the end of the 30 days. But it looks like soon we won't have a choice unless we cancel the item before it ends. And that timetable that somebody posted on here is just confusing to me anyways.
Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Yes but now they are saying it won't be in Canada till July 2019 and I had the same thing happen to me. So why did they relist at all.
Not a big deal for me right now but as I list things through the month I might reach my quota.
That table somebody posted on here is hard to understand. Some months might not be for 30 days. If we post on the 5th or 10th of the month. Does that mean we only have 25 or 20 days left in the month before it renews. That one I don't get and need it explained.
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@luv4orphans

The table is explained, others seem to follow. I did the best I could.

If you are having difficulty with your listings or in understanding the GTC format perhaps talk with tyler@ebay he may be able to resolve your issue directly.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply