Heads up when revising items

Attempted to revise an item on .com last night and when I got to the bottom of the page it was charging me a fee of 23 cents. When you clicked on it to see what it was it said photo gallery free and insertion fee 23 cents. I did do a revision on .ca & it was fine.

Thought I would leave the .com ones and try again today as it was perhaps just a glitch of some sort. Tried again today & same thing so I phoned. Turns out that this is a glitch/bug that they have been experiencing for a few days. The CSR indicated that even though it said 23 cents fees it was not charging me. We looked at my latest fees & nothing is showing so assume he is correct. Just wanted to share this in case someone else out there is experiencing the same thing & is wondering what the heck is going on. Perhaps it is something to do with the seller hub?? Seems like any time software changes are made something else goes amiss. Anyway hopefully they will have it fixed shortly.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Some sellers on .com have been having this problem for a while but as you said, they aren't actually being charged for the revision. I find it odd that it does take such a long time to fix something like that. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ahhhh but knowing what is causing the glitch may be hard to find....

It harkens me back 30 years ago when I as a systems programmer, spent most of the easter weekend trying to identify the cause of a problem in a large production application for a large insurance company.

The cause turned out to be a particular order of 2 types claims that happened to be processed one after the other from two separate customers. This particular order had never happened before in over 20 years of processing claims...and sadly for me it happened and found the bug (glitch) on the Thursday night run....

So I empathize for the poor souls who are tasked with figuring out glitches in the current world, things were a lot simpler 30 years ago!!!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Well they certainly have enough glitches to look for to keep them busy!

🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The CSR indicated that even though it said 23 cents fees it was not charging me.

I've had that charge. I wasn't worried about it, since 23 cents, although an odd amount, isn't going to make or break my profit margin.

Thank you for letting us know.

1isc24.jpg

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

True femme. One 23 cent charge won't make or break the bank but if you were revising a lot of items it could add up. And if it was really being charged eBay could make lots of money off of it as I am sure with all the sellers on eBay there are lots of revisions every day.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Same story happened to me, I thought I've got to the end of the cycle, but when I checked my limits I had another hundred items eligible. So i tried couple of times and fee finally disappeared.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply