Help, I made an accidental refund, what to do?

I went to Paypal to send a $1 shipping refund to a buyer, and put it on the wrong line on the form, and so the whole amount was refunded. Now I don't know what to do to correct it. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think that all you can do is contact your buyer and explain and then send an invoice through PayPal to your buyer and hope they pay you. Do it in a positive way, tell your buyer there was a problem and a PayPal invoice will be sent and that they can pay that and it will then show as paid in eBay. Does it show as paid still on your eBay selling page? If it does, can you click to show as unpaid until they repay?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think that all you can do is contact your buyer and explain and then send an invoice through PayPal to your buyer and hope they pay you. Do it in a positive way, tell your buyer there was a problem and a PayPal invoice will be sent and that they can pay that and it will then show as paid in eBay. Does it show as paid still on your eBay selling page? If it does, can you click to show as unpaid until they repay?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much, I contacted the buyer as you suggested, and she resent the payment right away, even said she didn't want me to send the $1 refund. It's so nice to have great buyers!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Triber, I really didn’t think you would have a problem since you have mostly really nice buyers just as I have. I think we have some of the nicest buyers on eBay! Even get Christmas greetings from some of mine!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree vintagenorth, I think craft people are some of the best!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply