Help with French INR

One of my international shipments from Chit Chat has not arrived and the buyer filed and INR.  I responded right away, but ebay keeps saying I haven't responded.

I have responded about 4 times.  The buyer must think I'm an idiot.  

french response.jpg

What does this mean?

french1.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Help with French INR

The buyer is in France? Try logging directly into the EBay France site. Google Translate is your friend.

It’s possible there is some miscommunication between sites.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

Yesterday, Logged into ebay.fr, used google translate.  I responded, yesterday, and I got this email today, so responded 3 times today, same thing.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

An INR in English should have the same layout / options as on another ebay site.  I found that useful when dealing with an Italian INR last year.  Also I vaguely remember discovering a language switch option at some point (but I could be wrong).

Copy and paste the french text into a translator (google and babelfish are two I know of) for a rough translation.

-..-

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

Perhaps it’s time to call EBay Customer Service and alert them to the problem with your case. Before you get stuck with an Unresolved. There is another active thread that makes it sound as if there’s some kind of glitch with certain cases at the moment.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

What was your response to the buyer?

After March 15th the buyer can escalate, you don't want that to happen.

I would guess that by "respond" eBay means either provide tracking or issue a refund, asking the buyer for patience doesn't cut it (although it might cut it with the buyer who may wait past the 15th).

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

Good luck with that. You can try to communicate 1000 times with the buyer in good faith but he WILL get his refund in the end. Watch your money disappear from your PP account in a few days. Ebay... "a safer place for buyers and sellers".
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

@ypdc_denniswrote:

An INR in English should have the same layout / options as on another ebay site.  I found that useful when dealing with an Italian INR last year.  Also I vaguely remember discovering a language switch option at some point (but I could be wrong).

Copy and paste the french text into a translator (google and babelfish are two I know of) for a rough translation.

-..-

If the eBay web page is a standard eBay page, changing the browser URL from .fr to .ca or even .com and pressing should bring up the corrresponding page in English. Of course if the page has some user entered text in French it will not be translated into English and will remain in French.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

@pleasedonthurtmykittywrote:

What was your response to the buyer?

After March 15th the buyer can escalate, you don't want that to happen.

I would guess that by "respond" eBay means either provide tracking or issue a refund, asking the buyer for patience doesn't cut it (although it might cut it with the buyer who may wait past the 15th).

Your guess is right. If you simply send a message to the buyer then ebay does not consider it a response and the buyer could ask them to step in on the 15th.  A while ago I had someone open an inr fairly quickly and I asked them to wait..they didn't reply but they also didn't escalate so I assume they received the item.  It's a bit risky though because if they had asked ebay to step in, I would have had an unresolved case defect.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

The first one that you have checked off is that you are sending a message to the buyer. As another poster suggested, that isn't replying to the dispute. You have to either refund or enter a tracking number to show that it is on its way or that it was already delivered.

Was this another DHL package?

Do you have the option of shipping USPS first class international through chitchat?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

Maybe CCE needs to ditch DHL. We already know they don't have a good track record with the fried chicken in UK......
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

I sent an email to Chit Chat that I wasn't happy with their international service.  I got an email back and will speak with them on Monday. 

Re INR, I guess I am going to have 14 of these over the next month as that is how many international shipments I sent through chit chat in February.  Not one has arrived.  By the end of this I will be an expert in INR.  When I asked at Chit Chat in Vancouver they told me that it went Canada Post not DHL.  I will clarify that with my telephone call on Monday.   They shouldn't state on the website that for international shipments it takes 7 to 21 working days.  6 have already passed the over 21 business days and have still not been received.  

Although I have sent a message to the buyer and ebay is awaiting their response, I did tell the buyer to wait until the 14th and if they haven't received it I will refund and hopefully they will let me know when they get it and I will send them another invoice.  

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

“We already know they don't have a good track record with the fried chicken in UK......”

That DHL thing with the KFC chickens in UK was just the most bizarre to me. Talk about a shipment gone wrong. I’d have thought companies this big would have checks and balances and Plan Bs. But no.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

Sorry -- see post below.  Accidental blank post!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Help with French INR

@musicyouneedwrote:

What does this mean? 

french1.jpg

Sorry I'm late to reply (and apologies for the accidental blank post above).  Usually I hang around on the Seller board every morning for a while, but I've been extremely busy lately.  

If it's worth anything to you now (or it may be in the future if you have other INRs in French), the text above says: 

"You have sent a message.   You can await the buyer's response, or take another action: 

(Send buyer a message)  [this is the screen title]

1)  Add tracking information.  If you add tracking details, the buyer will know the item has been sent. 

2) Refund the buyer.   You can refund the buyer to close this request [i.e. this INR] immediately."

As 'pj' mentioned above, simply sending a message back to the buyer can be risky if they decide to escalate.  If you have tracking information, by all means enter it, and that should end the matter.  If the parcel was sent by a non-tracked service, then your only option to guarantee you'll avoid a defect is to refund.   Yes, unfortunately, it's a rock-and-a-hard place decision. 

BTW, I speak German as well as French, so if you have any more such messages you might need help translating, fire away.... or send me a PM. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply