I have an item that is being censored in certain searches. And I have screenshots to prove it.

I have a listing that is being censored from specific searches (and I have screenshots to prove it). I have thought this for a while, but now I have proof. When I search "Robert Graham" (under cheapest listings first)...I show up first. When I search "Robert Graham Shirt", I am not anywhere in the search results (yes I have the word "shirt" in my title).

I have thought that my listings were being censored from views, and now I know it is happening. See my 2 attached screenshots.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have an item that is being censored in certain searches. And I have screenshots to prove it.

You are not being censored, you are just not looking in the 'right' place.

When you type in Robert Graham the search defaults to the mens clothing category. When you search for Robert Graham shirt the search engine defaults to the casual shirts category. Your shirt is in the dress shirts category so that is why it does not show up when you add the words shirt.   When I changed the category to mens clothing, it showed that there are 8,000+ listings in casual shirts and just under 2000 in dress shirts so you would probably be better off changing the category.

I really don't like that ebay takes you to a specific category like that but they do it all the time so when you are searching, keep an eye on the category that you have landed on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I dunno about censorship, since I searched your item on dotCA and dotCOM and it showed up on both.

You do know that there are over 8000 listings for those keywords, right?

I searched with Lowest Price+Shipping First, since I gather this is a low price brand and a used garment. It was either #1 or #2 on each Search.

And while you do have a lot of feedback, there are some 15 million sellers on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You are not being censored, you are just not looking in the 'right' place.

When you type in Robert Graham the search defaults to the mens clothing category. When you search for Robert Graham shirt the search engine defaults to the casual shirts category. Your shirt is in the dress shirts category so that is why it does not show up when you add the words shirt.   When I changed the category to mens clothing, it showed that there are 8,000+ listings in casual shirts and just under 2000 in dress shirts so you would probably be better off changing the category.

I really don't like that ebay takes you to a specific category like that but they do it all the time so when you are searching, keep an eye on the category that you have landed on.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much pjcdn2005!!!  Sherlock Holmes would be impressed with your vast knowledge and mystery-solving wisdom. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm glad that I could help. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
latest reply