IMPORTING FILES FROM OTHER SITES

CAN ANYONE HELP -IAM TRYING TO IMPORT FILES FROM ANOTHER  SELLING SITE AND WANT THEM TO BE PUT INTO MY DRAFT SECTION SO I CAN RE EDIT THEM ONE AT TIME  TO CORRECT THE ERRORS THAT COME WITH TRANSFERRING FILES - AND BRING THEM UP TO EBAY STANDARDS  HAVE LIMITED KNOWLEDGE IN COMPUTER TERMS  SO I NEED COMPLETE HELP TO TRANFER 

THANKS  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you have a lot of listings- more than 100?

If not you could try just putting the descriptions and the photos on your desktop and setting up a template for the listings of similar items.

Then as you go through the descriptions  (with HTML if you have been using it) can quickly be filled in while the category, shipping costs, destinations, Best Offer , price , etc will remain stable from listing to listing.

Item Specifics are something that is peculiar to eBay but is quite important for Google Searches (not for eBay buyers who are using different criteria, I understand).

I find the longest time I spend on a new listing is on making pictures (my stuff is flat so I mostly scan to my desktop) and writing descriptions.

Be sure you don't spend more time making a 'fast and simple'  import than you would just making new listings for each item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Might be helpful if we knew the name of the site you are moving from and in what form you can download from that site. Presume a .csv (Comma Separated Variable) which you could modify and prepare for an upload to eBay with the neccessary changes made.

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt you can upload directly to Draft status.

How many unique items are we talking about?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply