IT LOOKS LIKE THE ITEM PAGE WATCHERS ARE BACK!

It looks like the watchers are back on the listing page but only on items that have five watchers or more.

The items with less then five watchers are still missing..... 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

The Watchers data is in a different spot on the page itself. 

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Yes, it looks like eBay revamped it, but why it doesn't show watchers under 5 is beyond me.

Perhaps their still working on it.....

It was explained to us that they were ending the watchers on the item page so I don't understand why there back (not that I'm complaining).

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

They are tooling around with something, alright. Maybe the number of Watchers if the number if under five doesn't appear to be a valuable persuader to buyers. The spot that ebay has moved that Watchers data toward is usually reserved for persuasive tactics. 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Yes, five watchers could be the starting benchmark where sales start to increase but what amazes me is that a eBay Rep told us that the watchers were being removed from the listing page.

This is just another example of the total chaos and confusion there is with eBay Corp. No wonder there are so many problems.... 

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

I would assume this is a typical case of corporate miscommunication between departments wherein one person says to the other, "That's not an error or a glitch. Watchers have been deliberately removed from that place on the page" without adding, 'Because we're planning to put it back in a different place..."

Everything at this level of business is doled out on a need-to-know basis. A tiny hiccup with something at ebay today is fodder for headlines tomorrow. Just look at the industry blog ecommercebytes if you don't believe me. Rumour and innuendo abounds, that's the stuff that sells clicks. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Yes, but if eBay would make a general announcement to it's eBay users it wouldn't be an issue and fodder or gossip for headlines instead of being a simple restructure.

Communication is key when running a business. eBay Sellers know this better then anyone. Oh wait, eBay doesn't sell anything, maybe that's the problem. 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Makes you wonder what eBay tells its help desk people they can and can't say on a day to day basis and why every time you call in you get a different answer to the same problem or get told someone will be calling you back directly about your issue and they never do.

-CM

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

While I hear what you're saying, corporate communications doesn't work that way. Ebay cannot provide a blow-by-blow account of what every person in every department is doing every day.

To 99.9 per cent of ebay's hundreds of millions of users, having the word Watchers disappear from an item listing and then reappear in a different place, is absolutely unimportant and inconsequential. And probably went completely unnoticed.

And if it was something important, why would ebay announce it was working on it before it was ready to be unveiled? So that the competition could scoop them with their own version of the same? 

The almost complete lack of finesse with which calls to Customer Service are usually handled is another matter. Many (but not all) of those folks are ill-trained and ill-prepared to deal with users and it shows. That is an area that absolutely requires more resources and at different points ebay has recognized such. Anchor store subscribers get a whole upper echelon of dedicated Customer Service, for example.

Our quibbling about Where Watchers Went does not rank.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I'm trying to recall what other persuasive text goes into that spot. I think 'experienced seller' is one and another might be 'delivered in three days' is another although I think it depends on which site you're using to view it as ebay.com seems to say different things than ebay.co.uk and ebay.ca. 

Section split into two fields of dataSection split into two fields of dataOne line of text in one field of data only although this item also ships for free and that is usually one of the things featured in this spotOne line of text in one field of data only although this item also ships for free and that is usually one of the things featured in this spotSection split into three fields of dataSection split into three fields of data

All these views are from ebay.ca; I haven't done a comparison against the other sites.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

I stand corrected, the terminology used is not 'experienced seller' it's 'longtime member'. Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 4.37.42 PM.png

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Of the four variations "Longtime Member" is completely useless.... you can see that through the feedback score.

eBay should just use Located in Canada, if there isn't enough watchers or the item isn't discounted.

Better yet replace Longtime Member with Located in Canada and Watchers 1-4. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Located in Canada, Free Shipping, Delivered Within Four Days would be useful.

Combined Postage Discounts, Fast Handling, or Multi-Item Discounts would also be useful.

Watchers are good. 

Longtime Member might be good, I don't know. Top-Rated sellers are usually Trusted Sellers if that's the angle being sold, and that badge is just a bit to the right.

Maybe they're working on a total item Listing page redesign. It's not broken and works perfectly fine so, clearly, this means it would become a priority for ebay to 'improve'. Hahahaha. Oh, that hurts. 

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

At least eBay is consistent... fix things that aren't broken and leave things broken that need fixing!

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I realize every situation is slightly different, but in the past when something was discovered to not be working like it should, did it eventually get fixed/or is it up to us to find a solution.  Or does it get to the point where you just have to realize, this is how it is going to be and no matter how much we phone or complain it will never get better?

-CM

I think I landed on my optimism and I can't get up!!!

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Oh, this will be fixed.

Either that, or Calculated Shipping at ebay.ca is a testing ground for some new page design or feature and therefore the problem will spread to all listings on all ebays everywhere and will henceforth become the new reality and therefore not a problem. 

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I can think of Case Histories to support both possibilities. 

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

At this moment in time there are approximately 11,000 users on the US announcement board  compared to our 150. Pretty sure if there is on a problem there it gets fixed alot faster than here. And our helpline phone number doesn't even connect us to to someone in Canada. Mind you we do get the perk of paying PST/GST on fees!! Sorry, badddd sarcasm!!

-CM

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Problems get fixed on ebay.com faster than on ebay.ca because there is more money coming through ebay.com, period. I don't think it has anything to do with Community usage or the number of squeaky wheels online at any given moment. 

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for the screenshot.

I've been confused by this howl (Hah! typo but I'm letting it stand!) whole discussion because the number of watchers on my items still shows in the only place I've ever bothered to look -- on my Manage Active Listings page.

And with mostly collectible , quasi-unique listings, at Fixed Price, Watchers are pretty well irrelevant.

If you want it, you can buy it . Right now.

The number of Views shows at the bottom left of the listing, but I'm not sure if that is public or not. It also shows on the Manage Active Listings page and the numbers seem to match.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply