Is Cdn "Cart" now fully functional?

I just recently had a US buyer purchase a group of 6 items and it appears she was able to process them all via the cart, since the system did show the purchase as a combined transaction (on one record).

Up until this week, I had had several U.S. buyers contact me to say they weren't able to put more than 1 item in their cart at a time.  Fortunately the more experienced ones simply paid for each purchase separately, then apparently backed out and processed the next item.  My concern was the buyers who didn't contact me but just gave up and went away because of the problems in checking out. Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if the Canadian cart system is finally up and running (as the eBay.ca staffers indicated a few weeks ago it was going to be "soon")?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I had a question just yesterday from a US buyer not being able to put multiple items in a cart.  He said that he could not find the add to cart option.  I checked the listings he wanted to purchase and all of them had the "Add to Cart" option.....at least visible on eBay.ca.  There might be some glitches yet to work out between eBay sites..... the buyer was on eBay.com.   I managed to salvage the sale with a direct PayPal invoice for all his items.

I don't see any improvement in my Canadian buyers combining their items though.  I think because I offer free shipping that there is no incentive for them to try to combine.  I have also learned that the phone aps don't allow combining items very easily or at all....can someone add some clarity on how that is working?

It may be worth my efforts to start charging a small shipping charge to Canada and then offer the free shipping on one or more items "if paid for in 1 payment"   10 payments to purchase 10 coins in one shipment costs an extra 9x $0.30 = $2.70 in PayPal fees.

I probably shouldn't complain too much though, many sellers are not making sales at all.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have had a few customers this week email me with the cart issue, customers are now starting to hit the back bottom, I don't blame them it is frustrating for the buyers,  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It looks like if you list on .ca, the cart can only be used if you sign into .ca. It can't be used while shopping on .com.  But listings done on .com are showing the cart on both sites.

Do you have combined shipping set up for your postcards? I don't see it but perhaps I'm just missing it. According to some posts that I've seen on .com, it isn't always possible to ask for a total even when using the carts so it is a good idea to set up combined shipping ahead of time. To be honest, I haven't done that yet but since my items are various sizes, I just haven't sat down and figured out how to set it up.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

yes, my settings are set up to combine on both  the Canadian side and United states side, some US buyers have no problems  with combined shipping,  it seems to work ok for a few weeks and then goes all wacky!,  usually when I visit the boards to see if others are having the same issue  its usually a pattern, I have even tried to list cards on the states side specifically for my US Buyers  however I  stopped doing it because then I have to produce two invoices if a customer purchases a card that I listed on the Canadian side, I never had this problem before with combined purchases, 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It seems that combined shipping has been a mess for a long time....ever since ebay started requiring immediate payment on some items even when the seller didn't have that requirement set up. It's frustrating.

Many or most of your items were listed on .ca so if your buyer is shopping on .com they won't even see a cart. But I did put 3 of your cards in a cart on .ca to see how it would work and even when I clicked on checkout, it was charging me the full shipping price on each card.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply