It was fun while it lasted

So I'm hanging up my selling gloves. The last straw was the continual messages from eBay saying my listings could now accept offers. Many times after a listing was active for only a few days.

I accepted one sorta low ball offer, but after thinking about it, I decided to simply quit. I will still sell stuff online but look for a venue where I am not micro managed and my listings altered without any real reason other than a quick buck.

I'm still gonna hang around the forums as I enjoy helping and participating in the discussions, but no more selling. 

tyler@ebay@happy_pigeon just so eBay is aware, I consider this new tactic of enabling Best Offer a tad insulting and frustrating as I often research my prices based on previous closing sales from other sellers. There has not been much at all in the way of communication from eBay to it's members nor an option to pay higher fees and be left alone. 

David

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm sorry it's come to this for you, but I think a lot of us are in the same boat, feeling the same way about eBay (I know I am) and it's ham-fisted micro managing.  I doubt I'll be keeping my store open once my subscription expires in May, 2019.   Best of luck in your future endeavours. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Whoops, insufficient caffeine input today I think -- that should have read "its ham-fisted...." in my post above, not "it's".   Too many years of writing of one kind or another makes me cringe at sloppy typos.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Best of luck to your future / other journeys!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.

I've taken up watchmaking as a hobby so I have a whole box of watches to fix. Should be fun.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply