Item Description missing

Can you please look at "Al Green - Lay It Down (CD 2008 Blue Note EMI) Near MINT"  The item description seems to say "we looked everywhere" .  Is this just a bug for this one.  Maybe I should amend the listing. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Item Description missing

Looks fine to me with track listing and all that stuff.

Could be a network/server delay that timed out when you were looking.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Looks fine for me too, there's lots of info in the item description. Must have been a weird glitch.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

marnotom!
Community Member
I just looked at the listing page on my phone and initially got the kid in the orange parka when I tapped on “see full description” but the description did come up after I reloaded the listing page.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm on my laptop now and I'm persistently getting the kid in the orange parka despite refreshing the listing page several times.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

I'd just revise the listing and put a couple spaces in the descripiton, that might zap the glitch.... I've had to do this in the past to get the odd picture working correctly again....

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

On my iPad I also see the orange parka kid in the description area.  I've never seen that before as part of the page, only when the whole page wasn't loading proplerly. 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Hmm it might be browser or equipment (phone or ipad) based, I don't see it on any of @pjcdn2005 s examples on my windows 11 laptop (chrome). 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Capture.JPGIt's noon here. I'm getting the stupid kid too.. Tried both refresh and an ingonito search. Still getting the stupid kid. Glad I had girls instead of boys...

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@musicyouneed wrote:

Can you please look at "Al Green - Lay It Down (CD 2008 Blue Note EMI) Near MINT"  The item description seems to say "we looked everywhere" .  Is this just a bug for this one.  Maybe I should amend the listing. 

Seeing Orange Parka kid also on PC using chrome. Is it possible you have html in your listing description that eBay is flagging? I've had that happen with cut and paste in error from time to time.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Hmm I checked the original one as well, on both .COM and .CA and it is ok for me on both......weirdness....

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Having the same issue.   Missing descriptions.  Orange Parka dude with we looked everywhere.  I hope they pick this up as an official issue SOON and get it fixed.  Making sure all these are cross listed somewhere else so all this work isn't lost into the black hole. 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@ricarmic wrote:

Hmm I checked the original one as well, on both .COM and .CA and it is ok for me on both......weirdness....

The glitch seems to have attached itself to a number of your listings. You may need to do a sort by date and go in and see if you can pinpoint where it made its first appearance. With the new look of listings from a buyers perspective you are unable to see tidbits like date created, views or watchers. 

-Lotz

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@ricarmic wrote:

@musicyouneed 

Ummmm thanks. The glitch appears to be contagious. It's attached to my listings also. And I'm caught up with all my covid shots!! You will be getting a bill for this!!! 😆

-Lotz 

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@lotzofuniquegoodies I understand that's what others are seeing, but I'm not seeing it (so far) on anyones examples provided here, mine or others.

@cbar999  It'll be another ebay glitch, because some folks (at least me) can see it ok, the description isn't lost, its just not being presented properly and hopefully fixed by tomorrow or someday soon....

devon@ebay 

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@ricarmic wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies I understand that's what others are seeing, but I'm not seeing it (so far) on anyones examples provided here, mine or others.

@cbar999  It'll be another ebay glitch, because some folks (at least me) can see it ok, the description isn't lost, its just not being presented properly and hopefully fixed by tomorrow or someday soon....

devon@ebay 

I just did a search of another seller with approximately 500 listings. They use a basic format with no templates. The error appears randomly throughout their listings. Another change in dark of night with limited pretesting.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

Good news is that as we all know nobody reads descriptions anyways!! 😉😉😉

(except us)

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@ricarmic 

Scary to say but  very true. Does make ya wonder though, does ANY actual testing get done before changes are rolled out?😲

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Item Description missing

@lotzofuniquegoodies having once been an application developer in a very very much less complicated world in both physical technology ie there weren't phones, ipads, desktops and laptops all running the same software and the software complexity itself, it is a wonder there aren't more problems..... testing in the current world the way we used to in the olden days would take a year to test appropriately before it could be released.

I'm sure the QA world has changed a lot in the last 30 years too...... but changing in place apps that have been running for decades is not easy at all.....

Message 20 of 35
latest reply