Item Return without reason

Hello everyone,

I have buyer from USA , ship to the same adress over 3 years.

I sent order last week to the same Customer, package was out for delivery on 27th , then USPS Return item to me.

There is written " NO SUCH ADRESS" , on USPS website.

I contacted buyer , checked adress- everything is correct , contacted ebay  because  I used  ebay app to ship.

I have to pay return shipping to take package back.

IF is damaged , missing pcs ...  I'll contact CP .

IF is not damaged and adress is correct  .

I'm not  obligated charge buyer for return shipping .

Should I contact CP for that reason OR pay from my pocket and forgive ?

Thank you 

Have wonderfull weekend!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

If the message just popped up yesterday wait it out first. I've had on a few occassions have a package showing out for delivery, then being returned (having me worry) then next thing you know shows "Delivered"!

This should tell me not to watch tracking but I don't always do what I know I should!

If it is infact returned when it is a regular customer who confirmed address is right please let us know if you find out the reason. I know the newish system added here to help streamline the address is correct with Canada Post is not always accurate though maybe a Canada Post thing (not eBay). I have a friend in Halifax I send things to a few times a year and each time I take his package to post office they try to tell me the postal code is not correct, I say I know it is because I got it from him and send it anyways. It always arrives, not sure why they always tell me the postal code should be.....

Don't do anything for a couple of days though, in case like I've seen myself, it somehow corrects itself.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Can't help but i had the same issue as a buyer past month. Purchased something and the seller got the package back for undeliverable adress, while my adress is fully valid and use it for years. Was a very weird mistake. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Unfortunately, happened many times to me, too. The address was correct, confirmed by the buyer, Google, USPS website, yet returned with "no such adddress" note .....  🙄

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I had a 'no such address' return once.

It turned out that the buyer's business had two entrances, the customer/street entrance he gave me as usual,and  his loading dock -accessible from the alley in back of the building up a ramp and ring for attention. No mail box back there.

Guess which one the carrier had chosen?
I Google Mapped the address to understand his explanation.

Resent  -and the counter clerk did not charge me anymore.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

The parcel is returned to Distribution center and on route to destination - to me.

I hoped it will be different until I just see .

Thank you for your time.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

As others have said, don't trust the updates, it is dangerous for this reason, there are a number of misleading messages as CP tries to decode whatever message is provided by the USPS (or other PO). I have had several delivered over the years that said this and were delivered successfully a day or two or so later. I try very much NOT to watch the in transit updates for this very reason and so far 100% of the time when I've watched something that I'm worried about and there are concerning updates, the item has always been delivered, which really should reinforce the "dont watch them in progress" mantra, but I still can't help myself the odd time.

Anyway, if it does come back, especially for a regular customer I would most certainly eat the re-shipping costs. The cost of resending for "free" to the customer will be very small compared to the future profits from them. They will remember you being there for them for a long time....

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I experienced when there is construction on road or 2 entrances , but those times they  called Customer to pickk up in PO.

I don't understand  that Item was Out for Delivery switched to Return   in  no time.

For me seeint that there is not even tried to deliver it.

I heared that USPS make money like that .

Thank you for your time.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

How did u resolve this  with Seller . Did you got Full Refund  OR seller took ammount for Return shipping from you ?

It's not Your's OR Seller fault .

Thank you

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Thank you .

Many people said this is new USPS strategy to make money .

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

Thank you .

Many people said this is new USPS strategy to make money .

That is a ridiculous theory! Who are these "many people"? How does handling returns make money for USPS?

Postal services make mistakes it's as simple as that.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Something else  to blame deJoy for?

But USPS still has to pay the carriers and the plant workers (twice - once  outbound and again on the return) and cover the ancillary costs.

The main point is.

Don't say anything to your customer to alert them. Let them come to you.

Don't refund until you have the shipment back in your hands. Then refund promptly.

Remember that eBay does not require your to refund anything if the address is Undeliverable.

(But with a known customer that's something in your back pocket, not the first point.)

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

What is Postal mistake in my case ???

Why they Return item if there is nothing wrong ? Not even tried to deliver?

We have to pay USPS to deliver item back to us , for no reason !That's free money !

There are more senders who experienced the same . If you ship to USA ,  it may hapend to you to.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

The customer says " Our local USPS beeing picky about delivery these days ", 

USPS stated " NO SUCH ADRESS" , CP stated " Recipient not located at adress provided".

I have to pay Return how much USPS requires from my pocket  for no reason .

How we supposed to ship to USA with no trust ?

It's not buyer fault , the adress is correct . I have to Refund .

Thank you

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I'm not sure about other's experiences, but in just under 25 years on eBay and a good number of returned packages during that time I've never ever had to pay for an item returned to sender......

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

The return is free ?

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I think ricarmic is right, I've had a few items returned over the years -sometimes receiver has crossed out address and pointed to my return address with a giant Return to Sender (because they changed their mind!); I've had a "he doesn't live here anymore" written and it was returned to me plus a couple of others just marked Return to Sender and I did not pay for any of those. I've had a couple of postal stamped returns also, again no charge so keep your fingers crossed! The only time I had to pay was one time one was returned from overseas (I think Germany) and I had to pick it up to get it back but can't remember if that was because of duty (it was about six years ago).

For the bulk of mine I didn't even know they were coming back until I saw them in my mail box.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Correct, I've had small packet type packets come back from all over the world including the middle east, never have I had to pay for them coming back. Note though that all have been via Canada Post, I don't have experience with couriers etc.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

USPS stated " NO SUCH ADRESS" , CP stated " Recipient not located at adress provided".

Do you have the package back?
If you do not have thepackage, do not refund.

The buyer gave you an Undeliverable address.

Or

Only refund theselling price not the postage.

If you do not have the package back.

Do NOT refund until you do.

Sometimes people lie .

Sometimes they move and forget to change thier address.

Sometimes an address is changed for them (A local street was recently renamed Truth Street because the original name Trutch Street honoured a notorious racist).

And again.

Any refund is voluntary on your part.

EBay will not require you to refund.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

This is the part I'm referring to

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item 
Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer

Not covered

The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup

Not covered
The buyer provided an invalid or incorrect address at checkout

Not covered

Then it is up to the customer to learn what the problem is and to correct it.

Not your problem

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@pansy19 I'm interested to know what the tracking shows today?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply