LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

I list multiple variations of items on eBay.  Today when I went to do some new listings the Variation choice seems to have disappeared.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

Yes, exactly my point. This is not a glitch---it has been DESIGNED to happen.

Message 61 of 98
latest reply

And how dare you be flippant with me. I have been an ebay Powerseller for almost 15 years, and top-rated for the entire time that that program has been in place. I am fed up with the Mickey Mouse nature of ebay and of its support staff.

Message 62 of 98
latest reply

I'm not being flippant, I'm just pointing out your error in inciting even more anger than this issue is generating...I am also a power seller, have been since 6 months of selling, 11 years now..and also a top seller so I know what I'm talking about-..you just keep spouting off your "wanton destruction", I've lived with a husband and son, both techies and both constantly updating computers and crashing nightly...

Message 63 of 98
latest reply

The point is, again, that this is not a glitch, but a programmed command that is being carried out. The ONLY glitch that may have occurred is in the TIMING of this event happening. Perhaps they intended to roll this out at a later date, but they have DESIGNED this to occur.

Message 64 of 98
latest reply

@dhslk wrote:

The email may have been system-generated. However, the REASON was very specific (and a bot didn't just make up that wording---a PERSON  at ebay did ). It specifically states that multi-variation listings with multiple SKU's are NO LONGER SUPPORTED! That is not a 'glitch'.

Sorry if I missed it but I can't seem to find a mention of an email that was sent out. Do you have the exact wording of the email and/or message?

Message 65 of 98
latest reply

And to add insult to injury, it is IMPOSSIBLE to relist the ended items because, even though the variation portion of the listing is not visible, the listing won't load because ebay still 'sees' the invisible variations. I tried to relist an item worth over $750 which had TWENTY sales . Now I will be back to square one with this expensive (and bulky to keep in inventory) item; there will be NO boost in Best Match, etc.

Message 66 of 98
latest reply

Just saw this on another thread:

One or more of your Good 'Til Cancelled listing(s) were not renewed and are no longer listed on eBay. The listing(s) weren't renewed because of the reasons shown below.

NUMBER OF LISTINGS NOT RENEWED REASON DESCRIPTION 2 Listing(s) were not renewed because the site or category no longer supports Multi-SKU items for GTC listings.

Message 67 of 98
latest reply

on the forth day of this issue, still no fix. they claimed to be onto it. as variation isn't support is not suppose to be obsolete. but their level of communications internally isn't giving me much of a confidence in them actually getting this figure out anytime soon. while our Gtc listing are getting ended, advised not to relist them on dot com site.

I don't know if that's related but dashboard shows sales had been dropping rapid having a 50% drop since april started.

Message 68 of 98
latest reply

got an email from ebay earlier today saying the system has been fixed & you can now list with variations again. NOT!!! I still after 4 days, 3 phone calls & an email am not able to list new, edit or revise any of my listings. Seriously thinking of cancelling my store subscription as it is no good to me if I can't list items & ebay is NOT TAKING ANY OF US SERIOUSLY. Sad that a company so high on customer service has none for the sellers that make them the money.

Message 69 of 98
latest reply

not fixed yet, just got a few more ended listings...over 145 now and that translates to almost 1000 individual items in  those ended listings...!!

Message 70 of 98
latest reply

from my latest reply on my tweeter DM with ebay cs,

they are calling this officially a "bug" and have an official ticket for it, they claim to be high priority but won't be updating it with me any bit time soon.

which in another they are still taking their sweet time.

at this point I am not even going to sweat anymore looking at new ended notice email anymore.

I was stressing when it hit 30, but hack I got a bruised rib from basketball and might be causing me a bloating stomach right now . i'll rather rest and go see a doctor with whatever's left in my will power for now.

Message 71 of 98
latest reply

when i try to create a new listing i dont find add/edit variations option anywhere on the form. I am trying to list a martial arts uniform in 'unifroms & Gis' - a sub category of 'sporting goods'. i have tried and checked other categories as well but i did not find variation option anywhere in any category.
Also, few days ago i listed few items in same category, at that time variations option was available but now when i try to edit those listings even, i dont find variation add/edit option there also.

Message 72 of 98
latest reply

wonder how much of today's webinar teaching "understanding the components of an eBay listings" is going to be spent on answering questions about the variation listing issue? LOL

Message 73 of 98
latest reply

still waiting for the fix from ebay...

Message 74 of 98
latest reply

Still can't relist or revise variations. Still getting ended GTC listings.

Message 75 of 98
latest reply

Tried to call ebay in Phillipines, says it's a tech issue, has anyone got real news ? 

Message 76 of 98
latest reply

sales have tanked big time and I think it's a domino affect, buyers are also sellers and I can say for myself, if I'm only making $10 and can't pay my bills I'm not going to buy something I don't really need.  

Message 77 of 98
latest reply

I need to call eBay today for Other than the variation problem and wait time was 1hr45mins rather than the usual 5mins I am pretty sure every seller selling in ebay.ca is calling right now!

Hope this is fixed soon, and I hope they find a way to reinstate ended listing without losing there watchers and sales. But most likely ended listing will need to be relisted and won't keep there search boost!

Message 78 of 98
latest reply

thanks for that info, I was wondering how long it would be to get into the phone lines-good, next time I report an issue maybe they will act on it right away instead of waiting until it becomes a world wide epidemic-don't think I won't remind them of this on the next one

Message 79 of 98
latest reply

I have the same problem. I have called customer service 4 times and sent 3 emails. Nobody can fix it. Finally, I was told that many sellers from ebay Canada reported this issue, it is system problem in ebay Canada. They will fix it soon. I hope so.

Message 80 of 98
latest reply