LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

I list multiple variations of items on eBay.  Today when I went to do some new listings the Variation choice seems to have disappeared.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

Hi ******************************,

One or more of your Good 'Til Cancelled listing(s) were not renewed and are no longer listed on eBay. The listing(s) weren't renewed because of the reasons shown below.

NUMBER OF LISTINGS NOT RENEWED REASON DESCRIPTION
1 Listing(s) were not renewed because the site or category no longer supports Multi-SKU items for GTC listing

This is the message I got for 1 of my listings, now up to 25 listings ended now, another ebay bug with only "wind" coming from ebay about it, TYPICAL!

Message 81 of 98
latest reply

I wish I only had 25 ended, I'm over 160 ended with over 1000 items in those 160....

Message 82 of 98
latest reply

I just checked & the wait time is 1 minute.  Unless people start doing things like cancelling store subscriptions & they actually see they are losing money they will not treat this seriously. If ebay.com had the issue they would be fixing it immediately.

Message 83 of 98
latest reply

they are losing final fees on anything that sells so if the listings are out of play nothing sells, hence no fees collected..on the plus side my ebay fees bill will be less this month

Message 84 of 98
latest reply

absolutely but in my case I don't need to spend $100.00 a month for listing through a store when I can't list anything. Right now I have 940 unused listings that will expire on April 30th that I have already paid for.

Message 85 of 98
latest reply

I don't know if you read back to the beginning, as of 2 days ago I had 4680 variation listings....and if this isn't fixed by May 20th ALL those will end....

Message 86 of 98
latest reply

I know it is totally out of control. The most frustrating part is no one will give you an answer if they are even aware there is a problem. Also why no announcement of the problem on the announcement board??? Nothing like being totally in the dark with no daylight in sight!!!

Message 87 of 98
latest reply

I alerted Sellersourcebook that even though sellers can prepare a listing through their site and can see the variations as soon as they list to ebay it says that the category is not supporting variations.  Ebay didn't even alert the listing agents to give them a head's up...imagine how many tech support are looking into their own programs when it's on ebay's side.  

Message 88 of 98
latest reply

IT'S WORKING!!!! At least in clothing category. Hope everyone else is finally through this mess as well!!!!

Message 89 of 98
latest reply

Yes, it is working, but all sold records are gone.

Message 90 of 98
latest reply

thanks for the update but I'm still having an issue, tried to relist one and have 9 iteme in the listing and getting error message saying

It looks like there's a problem with this listing

The quantity must be a valid number greater than 0

at  least I hope this stops the ended ones...

Message 91 of 98
latest reply

okay people, if you have a variation that now has 0 in at least one variation due to sales, it will be rejected however all you have to do is put in 1 and it will relist and then revise again and take out that one.  The challenge is keeping track of which ones now are 0 quantity so you don't accidentally put something back in stock (also note that all original amounts are reintroduced into the listing so you have to keep track of what has sold there as well) and get a defect for not being able to supply it, although I think ebay would be wise to remove any of these defects because we just know there's going to be a missed one here or there. I have talked to ebay and the rep is sending this update to tech to tweak their patch, hopefully it gets fixed and not broken again

Message 92 of 98
latest reply

Another update: this is an issue affecting some listings globally (i.e. not just eBay.ca). It's in the process of being fixed. It might take a few days, but it's really high priority.

It was really helpful to have everyone's input here, in order to have specific members/listings/categories to look into when investigating.

Edit: Apparently most aspects of the issue have been fixed and you may be able to start listing these items again--please (continue to) be patient over the next few days as we tie up any loose ends.

And of course, we are sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused many of you!

Message 93 of 98
latest reply

And is ebay going to compensate Sellers for lost sales and all the effort to relist these items!?

Message 94 of 98
latest reply

I worry about possible defects down the road, we won't know something is listed when it shouldn't until it sells

Message 95 of 98
latest reply

found another problem, when I go into an ended listing where I don't know how many of each item is in stock, normally when you click on each variation it shows how many of each item....this is NOT the case now...I'm trying to relist one listing which says there are 12 available but doesn't tell me how many or each is available and when I go to the variations after I click relist it gives me the amount in the original listings WAY back before any sales....so I have to go to physically check all inventory on these listings...and there's only about 100 of them to do with about 30 variations in some...oh joy....

Message 96 of 98
latest reply

AND.....if you use business policies it may not have the correct shipping category, mine is defaulting to a higher shipping because those were the listings I was working on before revising...

what a mess!!

Message 97 of 98
latest reply

so having done a few now, I see a pattern, when it says 12 available, when you go into edit it will show the actual amount of each if there's more than one HOWEVER you do have to pay attention to the sold out ones-they will generate 1 item as well, but at least I don't have to look up all my inventory, I just open the listing in 2 screens and go back and forth to remove sold items...

Message 98 of 98
latest reply