Late shipment rate/tracking

On my dashboard, I have three bad rating in the late shipment rate report. Both are from eBay in the section « Tracking indicates late delivery ». My items were sent using Shippo. Problem is that my Vacation settings were on when I sold the items. I contacted my buyers to tell them that the shipment would be late and they approved as they knew I was on vacation. So I shipped the items when I came back and nobody was angry about it, except the eBay/Shippo robots. I did not call eBay about it as I have more importent things to do than lose my time trying to contact them. But I thought someone would like to know that, if you are on vacation and you’re sending your items lately, DO NOT USE SHIPPO, go to the post office instead.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@bobini5 wrote:

On my dashboard, I have three bad rating in the late shipment rate report. Both are from eBay in the section « Tracking indicates late delivery ». My items were sent using Shippo. Problem is that my Vacation settings were on when I sold the items. I contacted my buyers to tell them that the shipment would be late and they approved as they knew I was on vacation. So I shipped the items when I came back and nobody was angry about it, except the eBay/Shippo robots. ....

Nothing to do with Shippo -- the late shipment rate is one of those stupid eBay metrics based on long it takes you to mail the item out (as determined by the eBay bots) versus when your shipping settings say you would ship it out.

Nothing to do with real customer concerns about when it actually arrives.

Unless you are talking about untracked shipping, in which case avoid Shippo and PayPal when you are mailing late

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Problem is that my Vacation settings were on when I sold the items. I contacted my buyers to tell them that the shipment would be late and they approved as they knew I was on vacation. So I shipped the items when I came back

I've never understood why eBay allows Stores that are On Vacation to be seen at all.

In addition to the delayed shipping, we are in the time of Immediate Gratification and mobile shopping.

Our customers want it now.

You were lucky that those customers were okay with the delay.

My suggestion is that the next time you go On Vacation, even for a weekend, that you set your option to Keep People From Seeing Your Listings, avoiding the problem entirely.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply