Late shipment rate

I was under the impression if an acceptance scan receipt and stamp were provided when a buyer says late delivery for transactions that show up under the late shipment report would be removed. Two were previously removed after providing acceptance scan receipts and stamps in the past.  Now I am told that a recent transaction that showed up will not be removed, this is not an option. So what purpose does it serve to have acceptance scan receipts and stamps.

Nothing more humiliating than been told by ebay team members to find a new carrier if you can`t provide tracking for every sale.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Late shipment rate

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

You’re referring to a scan of a small packet label that doesn’t have tracking?  As far as I know the only time a till receipt and/or stamp showing proof of shipment is useful is for insurance purposes or for an unauthorized chargeback on Paypal.   The reps were quite specific that a scan needed to show online for proof of on time shipping.    If a buyer said that an item arrived late and cs removed the ding because you had a till receipt, then you were probably just lucky. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

That is correct, for Small Packet, should have added that information to post. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

If it was Small Packet USA add the scan code to the sale as a "tracking" number. Ebay currently gets access to any USPS scans of the packet.

small-packet-usa.png

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

No delivery scan UR number was added to order details when talking to ebay and there is no access to scans or delivery confirmation, nothing.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

You have to add the UR number to eBay, it won’t add automatically because it is not officially tracking.  I don’t know if adding it will always show delivery scan or just fir some US shipments.  

However if only usps scans it there probably wouldn’t be an acceptance scan within your handling time so the delivery scan would have to show on time delivery.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

The UR XXX XXX XXX CA number was added to the transaction in question while speaking to the ebay rep and they were unable to gather any information with that number. The number was only provided because they refused to acknowledge the acceptance scan receipt from post office we provided for this transaction. We advised them there is a slim chance the UR number would work, this is why we do not add the UR number to order details.

The two previous transaction that late delivery was removed was on two separate occasions, so I wouldn't consider it luck.

How could they be removed on two separate occasions, but now told by two separate ebay reps there is no option at their end to remove.

It is not the sellers fault that an item does not arrive on time with tracking information provided. The same should apply with confirmation that item was dropped off at post office within the specified handling time by providing an acceptance scan receipt.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

I just know that when the late shipment system started the reps were asked if late shipments ding would be removed if we showed physical proof such as what you have and they said no. That may have changed at one point but I have read on the US boards that in the last few months customer service reps no longer have the same ability that they used to have to remove strikes defects etc.   Hopefully Tyler will comment tomorrow as I’m just going by what I’ve been told.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Late shipment rate

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @merritt-motorcycle-salvage - @pjcdn2005 gave you accurate information: online tracking is what we would use to determine whether or not a transaction met the requirements. A till receipt

When it comes to Late Shipments, there are a number of ways to get credit (link here😞

1. Get an 'Acceptance' scan on the tracking number within your dispatch time.
  2. The items scan as 'Delivered' on or before the estimated delivery date given to the buyer.
  3. When leaving feedback, the buyer checks the box that states they received the item on time.

If any of the above situations occur then you get credit for the item being shipped on time, even if you miss on the others. The one you have the most control over is getting an acceptance scan within your dispatch time, but it would require you to use a trackable service.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply