Life lesson around buyers who don't read descriptions...

Buyer from Argentina (there was a definite language barrier) expressed frustration that a mixture of Caribbean stamps had stamps from Haiti, Cuba etc in it and it wasn't all British Commonwealth stamps.

The description was very very clear (along with the 5 pictures) that there were non British Commonwealth stamps in the mixture. I was assuming that either they didn't or couldn't read the description but couldn't understand why they hadn't at least checked the pictures. I put my smiley face on despite being very frustrated through a long drawn out "google translate" conversation required to get things all worked out to their satisfaction.

Got the next lot pictured and when I went to list it, I noticed it was previously listed in these two categories:

"Stamps/Carribean/Collections, Lots"

and

"Stamps/British Colonies and Territories/Collections, Lots"

Ooops.

Good thing I used the smiley face approach after all......

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually there are millions of buyers that DON'T read the listings fully!  I often have buyers going saying "Oops", please cancel the order (s), etc.  In fact I have 2 buyers doing that yesterday!!  Sheesh!!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It might not be the buyer's fault.

A couple of weeks ago I was on the train and wanted to check something in the description of one of my own auctions.  I pulled it up on my phone.  The description was not displayed at all.  Not one word.  Just the pics, title, and buy-it-now button.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply