Listing Theft

It's ridiculous that other sellers (even longtime ones, with loads of feedback) steal your photos and your titles when they list their sales. The "create similar" shouldn't allow this.

I had two this morning alone, on a new release item I happened to list earlier than most.

I messaged a seller that stole my photo (she changed it), but can't really do anything about the seller that plagiarized my title. I'll go change mine so it doesn't look like I'm the one who stole it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing Theft

Using sell similar doesn’t  carry over pictures, they would have had to taken them from the listing and saved them.  I don’t worry about titles as I doubt that most people notice if they are identical and for some items, there are only so many words that can be used to describe the item.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Listing Theft

Normally I would agree about the title, but check out this screenshot I took of the other seller's title stolen from mine.  Like, really?  You couldn't change ANYTHING?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Listing Theft

And in the Books category, where there is a catalogue, the default is to the canned description and standard photo, even for Used books, which would almost always have "gently used" covers.

But I agree, it is maddening to have your intellectual property snatched by a lazy competitor.

I'm not sure of the current policy on watermarked photos.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply