Listing just disappearing

I am in a process to go through my listed inventory in order to clean up some old listed items into my dead pile. Well...to my surprise...some listed items were not anymore (3 out of 150 so far). Please do not give me "have you check in your end item box" or "have you deleted the listing by accident". All my items are neatly put on a shelf in alphabetical order...I'm very particular that way...call me "neat freak" if you may. I am the same with my ebay store...neat freak. I've decided to check some other forum...ebay facebook groups as an exemple...and to have listing disappeared seems to be more common that you might believe. Note of advice...it might be very painful... but check your listed inventory in conjunction with your "listed items" ; you might have a surprise.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That tread went off topic,... but let me end it by saying after reviewing all my listings (over 1000) nine of them were just gone. So about 1% of your listed items might not be listed after all. It happened to others as well. Just check your inventory with your listings. Roger out.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

That has been happening for years, and eBay refuses to believe the many many reports.

When we sold our house and moved west in 2014, I took down my listings and used the opportunity to decide which of my book stock I would take with me. However, as I went through the stock, I found that only about one third of the books in my "book porch"  were actually listed. The rest had been taken down by eBay at some point in the previous 14 years, without notifying me.

In the same way, I put my listings in alphabetical order from time to time, and skim over them for duplicated listings and previously sold but relisted listings.  I normally find between 10 and20 duplications in around 1000 listings.   

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

That is interesting, I have spent the last 5 days going through all my items and found about 20 missing. Thankfully I have kept all the descriptions and pictures so I am now in the process of relisting them.  It's a lot of work checking them all, but I am glad I did it.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

I am in a process to go through my listed inventory in order to clean up some old listed items into my dead pile. Well...to my surprise...some listed items were not anymore (3 out of 150 so far). Please do not give me "have you check in your end item box" or "have you deleted the listing by accident". All my items are neatly put on a shelf in alphabetical order...I'm very particular that way...call me "neat freak" if you may. I am the same with my ebay store...neat freak. I've decided to check some other forum...ebay facebook groups as an exemple...and to have listing disappeared seems to be more common that you might believe. Note of advice...it might be very painful... but check your listed inventory in conjunction with your "listed items" ; you might have a surprise.

@reallynicestamps 

I will stumble across one or 5 every so often when I run through a category doing an inventory spotcheck. No pattern to these gremlin listings whatsoever. Because of GTC we no longer get that confirmation email so difficult to check for something that may have ended months ago to pinpoint a date and see if anything else ended/should have been relisted  around same time. Sometimes you get lucky by doing a  google a search and an occasional magically is found. Probably 20% will be viewable...80 % non-viewable/findable. The dreaded "We've looked everywhere but that listing cannot be found message."

I've also ended a listing and used relist/sell similar to bring a listings  back to life. If you happen to shut down your system and reload Chrome/Firefox etc the link for the relist will open as a work in progress even though it was previously sent to eBay. If you complete trying to relist using that listing eBay may or may not catch. Easy to miss if you are doing a quantity of end/relist.

To catch duplicates you can use this eBay tool and it will search your store. Won't help you for finding those MIA'ers!!

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

-Lotz

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

To catch duplicates you can use this eBay tool and it will search your store. Won't help you for finding those MIA'ers!!

That doesn't work any more, for me anyway.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

That doesn't work any more, for me anyway.

That may be a tyler@ebay   My link still works.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Still works for me too.

Just as an fyi, that's not an ebay link so Tyler wouldn't be involved with it.  It's from an ebay member that does a few different tools like that to help us out.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

FWIW I found that tool on an eBay help page or in an email from eBay at some point in time.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I don't doubt that, but it's not something that they created or maintain.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

In the same way, I put my listings in alphabetical order from time to time, and skim over them for duplicated listings and previously sold but relisted listings. I normally find between 10 and20 duplications in around 1000 listings.

How do we put our listings in alphabetical order? That would be helpful for me. Someone told me how I could find something easier by doing a search with a keyword yesterday and that works fine but this sounds like something that could be helpful in some ways. You probably wouldn't be able to see what ends that day but that probably can be done on sellers hub.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

In the same way, I put my listings in alphabetical order from time to time, and skim over them for duplicated listings and previously sold but relisted listings. I normally find between 10 and20 duplications in around 1000 listings.

How do we put our listings in alphabetical order? That would be helpful for me. Someone told me how I could find something easier by doing a search with a keyword yesterday and that works fine but this sounds like something that could be helpful in some ways. You probably wouldn't be able to see what ends that day but that probably can be done on sellers hub.

When you are on your listings page  in Sellers Hub the majority of the tabs at top of page are sortable. Title tab can do a down up.....up down and should fit your needs. You can also sort by price, watchers and shipping method. Customize will give you other possible options. Views for some reason is not sortable but it has been requested on the dot com discussion board in the past.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Howdy @lotzofuniquegoodies!

@pjcdn2005 is correct, this tool is actually one created by eBay member ShipScript. They're amazing at what they do and are remarkably helpful on the .com boards. That is to say, I won't be able to help with any tech issues from it. 

Though it does work for me too, so maybe it was something intermittent. @triber if you're still struggling with it you can usually page Ship on the .com boards, I'm sure they'd like to know so they can help. 🙂 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

How do we put our listings in alphabetical order?

I just click on Title in my Active Selling list.

Actually it also works on Unsolds.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

That tread went off topic,... but let me end it by saying after reviewing all my listings (over 1000) nine of them were just gone. So about 1% of your listed items might not be listed after all. It happened to others as well. Just check your inventory with your listings. Roger out.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

How do we put our listings in alphabetical order?

I just click on Title in my Active Selling list.

Actually it also works on Unsolds.

Clicking on any Column Title (Header at the top of the list ) reverses the sort order in all lists found in Seller Hub. Click the header again to reverse the sort order.

For instance;

• clicking the header of the Start Date column sorts listings by start date.
  • clicking the header of the Title column sorts listing alphabetically by title
  • clicking the header of the Current Price column sorts listings by price alone
  • clicking the header of the Time Left column sorts listings by time remaining
  • clicking the header of the Custom Label column sorts listings according to whatever clever format we can come up with! 

Personally, I very rarely sort by title but often order by start date or time left, and occasionally by price. My standard sort order is by Custom Label.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Finally finished going through all my listing, left the yarn until last, 5 lots were MIA.

I also got the duplicate listing link to work.

All is good, for a while at least.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply