Listings From .CA to .COM?

HI....Does anyone know of a shortcut to place listings created on .CA on to .COM without recreating them all? Right now I'm just copy and pasting between the two and it gets very tiresome...and annoying. Thanks in advance....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Listings From .CA to .COM?

Some third party listing tools make it a bit easier but if you created the listings directly on eBay then the cut and paste method is the only way that I’m aware of. Even if you used another  listing tool you still need to change all of the shipping options and I think that you still have to redo the item details section so it takes some extra time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Still a cut and paste, but I keep all my Descriptions (with HTML coding) in a desktop file and do the same with pictures.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sorry i don't have an answer, but I'm curious why one would want to copy/recreate them on .com in the first place? All listings on .ca are visible on .com...so what's the advantage?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
Sorry i don't have an answer, but I'm curious why one would want to copy/recreate them on .com in the first place? All listings on .ca are visible on .com...so what's the advantage?

A few reasons but the primary one is usually that the "free" listings are duplicated, if you get 50 free on .ca you also get 50 free on .com.

Some(?) of the listing promos work the same way.

Back in the day I listed only on .com but when a listing promo came along it might be for .ca only in which case I would want to duplicate (not running at the same time of course).

I use a third-party tool which makes it slightly easier but it still requires work to convert the listings to work on both sites (currency/price being the major one) and back then the Item Specifics on .com differed significantly from .ca.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply