Managed Payments MP Funds Withheld

I have been a member of eBay (mush360) since early 2k, and a seller since 2010 under Ruben’s Hub and a seller for this account since 2020. It has been two weeks since our eBay accounts have been frozen pending a review. We have uploaded all our documents: drivers license, proof of inventory purchases, receipts, supplier account numbers and US and CANADIAN bank account numbers and bank statements. We have since lay off two shop helpers to lessen our day-to-day operating costs.  Our funds under managed payments (MP) have been frozen for two weeks and to say the least inventory has not budged in two weeks. Customers that have purchased through us before the lockdown are panicking. Our online store ‘appears’ closed with all our listings removed; this does not look good in the eyes of our customers. Our customers think we have fled with their money, even with tracking numbers provided, they have threatened to cancel their orders. Confusion on whether UPS has scanned the tracking labels and problems with updating package status has further complicated the problem. I would like to know what we can say to our remaining customers (with orders that are still on the way) for an appeal to calm. We understand that these ‘performance reviews’ are necessary to keep a safe buying environment but at what cost?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This is still the IKEA problem?
You were selling IKEA products  and there may have been some sort of VeRO question?

Our customers think we have fled with their money, even with tracking numbers provided, they have threatened to cancel their orders.

They can ask that orders be cancelled, but only the seller can do that.

If they try to open an eBay Dispute, they can't until the last estimated date for delivery passes.

And that Dispute can be won by showing the item has been delivered -- and possibly put on Hold if it shows in transit.

With PP they could open a Dispute any time after payments, but again showing the item in transit or requiring that the received item be returned (at the buyer's cost) are you Seller Protections there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

If your other linked accounts were flagged due to the VERO violations you incurred when all your listings were taken down it probably has more to do with that than managed payments as you would have been marked as a high risk account. I would look into resolving that.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hey I have been waiting well over 30 days. Contacted Ebay 5 times so far. Even complained to the BBB. They keep telling me they are still reviewing it. I have 4 Ebay accounts 3 have been cleared but not this one.  I have around $3000 sitting that I cant access. Good thing I dont need this money to eat or say pay rent.

Its getting time to call again as the time they said things should clear , hasnt

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mdf_jersey wrote:

They keep telling me they are still reviewing it. I have 4 Ebay accounts 3 have been cleared but not this one.  I have around $3000 sitting that I cant access. Good thing I dont need this money to eat or say pay rent.

That sucks big time. I would call in and see if you can get a managed payments team leader to specifically handle your case if you haven't already. They can liase directly with compliance to get actual human review. To bypass the normal reps just request a call back from managed payments member via any of the managed payments seller help topics then request to talk to a team leader and tell them you will wait on the line till one is available.

Going through the regular reps will get you nowhere in my experience. I'm stuck with being activated despite them not having been able to get my banking side setup properly due to issues on their end. I'm literally trying to get them requested documentation since they can't accomodate my business strucutre in their system flow and they can't even figure out how to get an upload link setup for me. It's uttterly ridiculous how things are being handled and there are a lot of sellers in the same boat.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thats what I have been doing but yet this is where im at.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What a joke.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is an update to the account restriction. The account has NOT been restricted due to VeRO but to the sharp rise in sales for both stores. This has been confirmed by both eBay US and eBay CANADA.

So GOOD news! After having responded to eBay and uploading ALL the above documents our accounts have been reinstated.

Required Documents for reinstatement:

- Business Invoices (I supplied two invoices) in PDF with company address (as registered on eBay) and suppliers address

- An invoice with my name and company address (as registered on eBay) and suppliers contact information

- a Registered business account number with the supplier and our contact information.

- Bank account statements for US and CANADA with company address (as registered on eBay's managed payments).

The amount of time it took for our account to be reinstated was 2-weeks. Documents requested were answered promptly but had to re-upload twice for clarity (SCREEN SHOTS of documents weren't allowed). According to multiple phone calls with eBay reps on both CANADA and the US they have reported that it takes 3-business days after uploading the first documents for them to review it. If you upload another document it will take an additional 3-business days before being reviewed. So with that said, upload all the documents as listed above even if they don't mention it, upload it. 

Managed Payments: With the restrictions removed, the first payout was shown as the next business day!

Two or more accounts: One account may be reinstated but your other accounts can STILL be restricted! You would need to contact eBay customer safety department about reinstating your other accounts! Before leting them go, be sure to ask when your next payout will be.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply