Managed Payments

Hey I  am just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the following..

I  have recently signed up for the managed payments ( since it is going to be mandatory I  figured I  may as well get on with it)   and now have access to the info on what to do to get prepared,  this included stating that listing on International sites is restricted, does anyone know if that includes .com as I  list ALL of my items on that platform.

I also see that as of yet Auctiva also does not support managed payments which I  assume will prevent this being used as a third party listing tool unless they get that ironed out by July?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I  would like to be able to make the necessary changed if needed before this payment option is mandatory.

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Managed Payments

Did you contact Auctiva directly?

Many US sellers might  already be using Managed Payments....

and I suspect  some of those sellers use Auctiva

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @imagewarehouseonline - we don't have many specifics for the Canadian payments program as yet. If you've signed up you should be able to request a call from a payments teammate by going to the bottom of the payments Help Pages you now have access to. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I went to create a new listing on Auctiva and looked over the payment options available and MP was not one of them

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you get any firm information, please post it.

There is another shared information/ignorance thread already going where those who have signed up have been telling us what eBay won't until too late.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Help-with-Managed-Payment-Listing-Fees/m-p/439509#M11492...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@imagewarehouseonline wrote:

I went to create a new listing on Auctiva and looked over the payment options available and MP was not one of them

Managed Payments is not a payment option.

MP is how the money is collected, not what the Buyer actually uses to pay.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@imagewarehouseonline wrote:
... this included stating that listing on International sites is restricted, does anyone know if that includes .com as I  list ALL of my items on that platform.

That probably just means if you are in MP you can not list on an International site that does not have Managed Payments.  Current MP sites: USA, Germany, UK, with Canada and Australia in the prelaunch zone.

As a Canadian registered seller, you will be able to actively list on eBay.com and link a Canadian bank account for your sales. We’re actively working on allowing Canadian sellers to link a US bank account to accept US dollar sales.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/fees-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

As an update......

I  just got a reply from Auctiva and they stated that if you are enrolled in MP on Ebay  any Auctiva listing will be automatically eligible and have that applied  and they are working on updating the page so we can see it is an option. 

So I  guess that means we are all good to go 🙂

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Sounds ready to go for me...

Have been using Auctiva since the summer of 2014...

and ......  Auctiva works well for me.....

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Could someone clarify how this Managed Payments will affect printing labels through PayPal? I use PayPal to print & pay for all my labels. Also all my tracked parcels have the tracking number automatically uploaded from PayPal to the eBay lisitng. Will that still work or will we need to manually put in the tracking number & that the item is sent? Thanks

Message 10 of 10
latest reply