Managed payments US payouts.

I was reading some of the boards as I am a seller who sells both on .ca and .com.  They just switched me over and I just checked and I can't see my USD account on my file that I registered.  I thought well maybe it is on .com and no, refers me back to .ca.  For those of you that have payouts in both currencies, how does it look?

bank.jpgus.jpg

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

marnotom!
Community Member

I thought sellers could only have one payout currency per account under Managed Payments.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

My seller hub on .com clearly shows my USD account. Just switched me over on the 6th, and have had sales since then but all payments are still 'processing'. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

This is a Canadian bank account held in USD, right?

Not an American bank account.

We have to use only Canadian bank accounts.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@hold.your.own.media wrote:

My seller hub on .com clearly shows my USD account. 

What about a Canadian dollar account?  And to make sure I'm on the same page as you, this is a USD account with a Canadian financial institution, right?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

My account currency is CAD and it looks much like @musicyouneed screenshots. There is something wonky though, there should be some partial account numbers showing for the bank and visa accounts, and the name of the bank account holder. There should also be a partial paypal email address showing, currently none of that info is there. Did you just update the account today? 

Here's my payments page on DOTca , bank account is in CAD currency. Yours looks a little different because you've got 3 accounts listed, bank, paypal and visa .... mine has only 2, bank and paypal.

20210608_151738.jpg

Here's what it looks like on DOTcom, but my bank account is in CAD not USD.

Screenshot_20210608-142258_Edge.jpg

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I just sold something on .ca listed in Canadian $, and they are converting it to US $ to put in my Canadian bank Canadian fund account.  I have a US account at the same bank but it is not listed.   Why would they change it from Canadian $ to USD?  us account.jpg

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

So I just spent 1 hour on the phone with ebay.  Seems that the item on sold on .ca in Canadian $ is getting coverted to USD and will be deposited to my Canadian account so I guess it will either reject or be converted again.  Ebay couldn't help me.  After I get paid they told me to call them again.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

This is what I am looking for to be done.   

usboth.jpg

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I believe “two separate accounts” means “two different eBay IDs”. One ID would be attached to your Canadian-based USD chequing account, the other to your Canadian dollar chequing account.

I’m suspecting remnants of the original USD account that you entered into the system are remaining but they were enough to trigger the system directing your payment there rather than to your CDN$ account.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@musicyouneed  Re: Message #9, "This is what I'm looking for to be done".

I'm beginning to suspect there's been a misunderstanding here. In the screenshot text, where ebay states;

" To accept both currencies, you will need to operate two separate accounts"

They should have clarified that statement by adding one additional word ... ebay.  The statement would have been much improved had they instead said To accept both currencies, you will need to operate two separate ebay accounts. To be clear, it is not possible to have MP direct funds to 2 bank accounts no matter what currency those accounts are denominated in. We must choose 1 currency and 1 bank account of the same currency  per 1 ebay account. The payout currency must match the bank account currency. 

For example, if the seller is registered in Canada and chooses to receive MP payouts in USD the one and only type of bank account that can be connected to that ebay account is a USD denominated chequing account.

Has this rather long winded explanation helped at all?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I thought that the reason for the delays in getting set up on managed payments was to enable a seller to be paid in two currencies.  Paypal accepted both currencies. 

Does that mean I have to set up another ebay account for listing on .com and have that directed to my US account?  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Does that mean I have to set up another ebay account for listing on .com and have that directed to my US account?  

One currency per ebay ID (any sales made in a different currency will be converted to the base currency).

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

That's the pits.  Since I sell more on .com in US $, I will leave it, I just now changed my bank account to my US account as with other ebay accounts I would not have that choice.  I will just have to build up my other ebay account on .ca to have the money go into my Canadian bank account.   What a dog's breakfast.  

I was just confused. 

Thanks for all your help everyone.   

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

The account you've shared with us in your screenshot is for certain setup with USD as it's base currency. MP cannot send USD payouts to a $CAD bank account, that's just not going to work.

Delete the $CAD bank account and in it's place supply MP with your $USD bank account. It might take several days for MP to review and approve the new bank account info.

Having selected $USD as the base currency for this account means that;

a. $USD proceeds from DOTcom listing sales are maintained in $USD and Payouts are transfered in $USD to your $USD bank account in Canada.

b. $CAD proceeds from DOTca listing sales are immediately CONVERTED to $USD, Payouts are transferred to your $USD bank account in Canada. There is a 3% currency conversion fee included in the MP currency conversion pricing. 

To avoid the CAD to USD currency conversion issue you will need to either refrain from listing on DOTca using your @musicyouneed account OR create a second eBay account to list in Canada. The second account would need to repeat the MP application process and select $CAD as the base currency in combination with a $CAD bank account in Canada. One potential drawback of running separate ebay accounts for each currency is duplication of store subscription fees.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

The account you've shared with us in your screenshot is for certain setup with USD as it's base currency. MP cannot send USD payouts to a $CAD bank account, that's just not going to work.

Now I'm the confused one.  I thought that Canadian sellers listing on .com could have USD payouts sent to a Canadian dollar bank account and have the funds converted in a manner similar to what you describe later in your post, but in reverse.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Yeah, you need to create a CAD ebay account that is separate to deal in that currency.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

b. $CAD proceeds from DOTca listing sales are immediately CONVERTED to $USD, Payouts are transferred to your $USD bank account in Canada. There is a 3% currency conversion fee included in the MP currency conversion pricing. 

To avoid the CAD to USD currency conversion issue you will need to either refrain from listing on DOTca using your @musicyouneed account OR create a second eBay account to list in Canada. The second account would need to repeat the MP application process and select $CAD as the base currency in combination with a $CAD bank account in Canada. One potential drawback of running separate ebay accounts for each currency is duplication of store subscription fees.

What a mess. Hard to believe they haven't figured out how to handle two different currency payouts to the same ebay account. Opening a new account is a less than ideal option for established sellers. Everything feels like a huge step back from paypal.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply