Need advice on scammer

Hey folks,

I sold a item in which the buyer was a International buyer.. I shipped the item and he confirms he has received it..He now states it is (to him) a fake and demands a refund..First off I do not sell fake items and when I asked as to why he thinks it is fake, he states it is in different packaging then one he previously bought online..  Whatever..he's not happy  so I advise that if he does not like the item to return it and I would  refund him.. He comes back and states he will not return it as he would be arrested for shipping again what he considers a fake item. He then proceeds to write  threats..

I have been more than pleasant to this chap but now with his threats he is just plain making me well not happy..

What would you do?

I personally think he is trying to pull a scam.. 

any advice would be helpful as this is a first for me

He has a feedback of 35

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Need advice on scammer

What would you do?

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

No return....no refund!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

"What would you do?"

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

Return for refund

No return....no refund!

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Contact ebay and see what your options are. I wouldn't refund until I received my items back just incase of scammers.
I know If I received fake items I would immediately send the item back for a refund. It is not illegal to return mail.
Again, if the buyer is being troublesome, ebay customer service is the key to deal with this. But phone them, do not email.
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Thats What  I say.. He just filed a dispute...I will be glad to provide all the emails to them

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Contact ebay and see what your options are

You don't need to call eBay, the options are clear:

Give them a refund and let them keep the item.

Tell them they have to return the item.

Tell them to pound sand.

Only the middle choice makes any sense unless you think you can convince them the item is legit (keep in mind "it's a fake" usually means "I changed My mind").

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Totally. Some people could be complete dinks about this kind of stuff. Again, just cover your back and phone ebay, let them know what's going on, they are there to help with this sort of thing. Good luck in you battle and I hope you dominate.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

You could listen to recped and just deal with this yourself, but obviously the buyer isn't being cooperative and will most likely leave a negative FB, which is potentially ruining your reputation as a seller. Hence the reason I said to contact ebay.
For myself I try to keep my 100% positive FB score and will do whatever it takes to solve the issue.
But what do I know, I just started selling this year and have not come into a situation I couldn't handle myself. So I can only offer my amateur opinion, and hope it helps.
Obviously it's on you on how you proceed from this point, depending on how far you are willing to go to protect yourself as a seller.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

You could listen to recped and just deal with this yourself, but obviously the buyer isn't being cooperative and will most likely leave a negative FB, which is potentially ruining your reputation as a seller. Hence the reason I said to contact ebay.

IF the buyer leaves a neg, THEN you call eBay, all the messages etc are still there for eBay to review. eBay can't block the buyer from leaving whatever feredback they like, they can only remove something that's been given so calling now just ties up your time and their time and really accomplishes nothing.

I find this "call eBay and get it on the record" to be kind of funny, using "report a buyer" to report something that hasn't happened is like crying wolf, after a while these reports go straight to the trash since they don't mean anything.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Tell hiim if he is such a law abiding citizen he might want to stop sending threats LOL ...

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

well he left negative feedback... I have reported him and hope Ebay will do the right thing and remove his lies...soooo mad..right now

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

By all means get a hold of eBay.

This feedback could really hurt your business.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

OK now you have the neg it's time to contact eBay. First thing, let it lie until at least tomorrow afternoon.

Your best hope here is the Feedback Extortion policy. Have a good read of the policy and then try to find something in the messages you have had that meet the standard. eBay can pretty picky, the extortion needs to be clear, ie: asking for something and mentioning feedback together such as a refund without return.

I can't mai it back because it's a fake is a pretty flimsy excuse but the wrong csr peron might buy it, hoipe you have something clear cut.

Unfortunately the recently improved standard feedback revision policy specifically allows buyers to call you a fraud or scammer. Hopefully any replies you gave to the buyer were civil and stayed on point, eBay may review them as well and if it looks like a fight between two willing participants them may just wash their hands of it.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Slightly off-topic since I don't have other advices to offer... Now I can't add this buyer to my BBL because stupid ebay won't let us look at feedback linking to buyers anymore. =( So sad.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

It looks like you have sold a heck of a lot of these items to other buyers. I suggest that you work that into your dispute defense. Ask eBay to contact other buyers who from the feedback you have recieved, are very happy with the item and do not think it is a fake.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

zee-chan wrote:

Slightly off-topic since I don't have other advices to offer... Now I can't add this buyer to my BBL because stupid ebay won't let us look at feedback linking to buyers anymore. =( So sad.

Sure you can just bring up your closed listing and click on the buyers feedback - I just tested it on two of my recent sales. Both of their feedback histories came up.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

'ross' -- I think maybe 'zee-chan' was referring to wanting to block the OP's problem buyer, not one of his own.  

Looking at the OP's sold items on his FB page won't give you the buyer's full ID now.  

Actually, this is one disadvantage to the recent changes in eBay's display of buyer history that I hadn't thought of -- I've blocked a few problem buyers in the past based on issues that people have brought to these boards.  Not possible anymore, unless somebody here knows a back-door workaround...Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Yes, I was referring to wanting to block the OP's buyer, not my own. 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

RYFKM  just got off the phone with Ebay...I guess it's true they suck for buyer protection ..they refuse to remove the negative feedback even though they were given te emails and seen all the feedback to prove this guy is a scammer... so i'm done i can't believe they would not care about the 300 a month i pay in fees...i'm just a small fish to them...sad really..i will give someone else my 300 a month in fees...thanks everyone have a happy halloween

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Giving up because you got a neg is...well it's foolish. If you were paying $300/month in fees you were selling $3000 worth of goods, you will let one idiot wreck that?

Sugest you rethink in the morning.........

Message 20 of 31
latest reply