NetParcel / PayPal shipping. Does it still work?

Morning all.  Hope someone can help. 

For years I used NetParcel for shipping from Canada to USA primarily...UPS typically provides a much better price than CanadaPost.  Linked through my paypal account and I would copy and paste JUST THE ORDER NUMBER to import the data.  It worked pretty seemlessly.  

At some point it changed from importing just the order number to copying and pasting the  ENTIRE URL on the order page.  This ALWAYS gave me an error...I have never been able to make this work.  When you click the example link they give you now it takes you to an error page.

And now that ebay manages payments, does this work at all anymore?  I spent an hour last night trying to make this work but couldn't get  it to go.  Had to resort to Canada Post and paid an extra $15 for a particular parcel.

Any insight to this would be appreciated.

SL

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Rather than first signing in your PP account, you should be able to sign in using PayPal.com/shipnow, then click on net parcel and enter the buyers address etc.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

jcd931
Community Member

Hope you don't mind my tacking on to your post with a question for you on NetParcel since you use it regularly.  After you've filled in the information required and printed the label, do you simply take it to any UPS outlet and drop it off?  I was looking at using it a few days back on a fairly heavy package, but didn't know exactly how it worked.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I use NetParcel regularly. I just go to pp.netparcel.com, log in with my PayPal account, and continue from there. I just copy and paste the address details over from eBay; I've never tried to "import" an eBay order into NetParcel or anything.

And yes, @jcd931 , you just print the label, affix to your pacel, and drop off at any UPS location. You can ask them for a receipt to show you dropped it off as well (if you want one).

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you so much for the information!  I'll feel more confident now when I want to use it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I log in the same pathway...pp.netparcel.com.  If I try to just enter the order details manually (rather than using the blue "Import Order" button, it asks for me to enter the customers phone number and email address?  Do you make contact with the buyer and get these details?  Thanks.

SL

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

yes, when it is working for me I just print a label and drop it off at the nearest UPS store...works very well at typically great shipping rates.

SL

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You should be able to see the buyer's phone number in managing orders awaiting shipment/order details.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Newbie question. I just shipped my first parcel using PayPal Netparcel via UPS from Winnipeg to the USA. I had read that there are no brokerage fees using this service. I just don't want any surprises or screw up this first shipment. Thanks!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@renasretrotreasures wrote:
Newbie question. I just shipped my first parcel using PayPal Netparcel via UPS from Winnipeg to the USA. I had read that there are no brokerage fees using this service. I just don't want any surprises or screw up this first shipment. Thanks!

No, there wouldn't be any cross-border fees charged to you or the buyer. For shipments into the States I don't think you need to worry about the buyer getting charged fees until the value of the parcel is something like $800+ USD (as opposed to us Canadians where we can be charged on anything over $20 CAD).

Message 10 of 10
latest reply