New listing tool

Can anyone tell me how this works?  It's bloody awful.  Can I go back to the old one that was easy to use.  HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New listing tool

was still able to use the old listing tool yesterday but only sporatically...and yes today no luck at all so it would seem all ability to use the old listing tool has disappeared and all my templates have been taken over by the new tool also...

oh well, all was good...until it wasn't...

I don't have that many sales on eBay anymore anyway....

my last eBay sale was about 7 weeks ago, so it's not like eBay has any impact on what I do for my online selling ...I do sell on 2 other sites that have been somewhat more rewarding for me these days.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

was still able to use the old listing tool yesterday but only sporatically...and yes today no luck at all so it would seem all ability to use the old listing tool has disappeared and all my templates have been taken over by the new tool also...

oh well, all was good...until it wasn't...

I don't have that many sales on eBay anymore anyway....

my last eBay sale was about 7 weeks ago, so it's not like eBay has any impact on what I do for my online selling ...I do sell on 2 other sites that have been somewhat more rewarding for me these days.

@mrdutch1001 

So not just me? So far 1 sale for the month. About 6.00. So think things are looking up!! Trickle would be putting it politely!!! I did get back up to 100 (102) sales for the year for Global. It came with a intrigueing message stating I was about to lose my Top Rated Status. The status I lost over a year ago. Welcome to eBay Discombobulated Central...Can you hold please?? Like someone else stated in another discussion, you can't make this _______ up!!!!

-Lotz

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Hmm I notice today that some sections have been turned into "New New listing tool" since yesterday...

Where one picks Auction or BIN is different now, as is the promoted listings related stuff.....

Or it is at least for me.... 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hmm I notice today that some sections have been turned into "New New listing tool" since yesterday...

Where one picks Auction or BIN is different now, as is the promoted listings related stuff.....

Or it is at least for me.... 

@ricarmic 

With a few of my kicks at this cat I have been given the option to use 14 days for returns. My standard 30 had been turned off with newest listing. Handling charge option is available for some listings with home pickup but not all. "Appears" option to add promoted to a listing has been modified vs being automatically a default. (Unsure if that was a glitch or a temporary situation?)  The built in calculator (in listing tool) includes a country list but no option for a US and required zip code. A requirement for confirming rates. Fedex is included but not live.(active). Deleting a draft means going to the manage draft page and deleting. You can delete/cancel from a work in progress. Only save or post.

I feel like I find something new each time I go to create a listing. It's like a neverending learning curve!!!

Did you fill in your rating of the tool with suggestions. In this situation it may be worthwhile if there are features that are missing you require or feel could be better?

-Lotz

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

For some reason,  my sales have been way up today. And usually Friday is a slow day and December an absolutely dead month.

One blossom does not make a spring, of course. Stuff sometimes just happens.

@lotzofuniquegoodies  No. All my templates seem to have disappeared or reformatted themselves into the THNGVB new form.

Poot.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@flipistics wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

And for some video games, even if I have the UPC, it doesn't show up in eBay's catalogue because it's the Canadian version of the game (the game is identical except for bilingual text on the exterior of the case, and possibly a French manual included). So I have to go hunt for the U.S. UPC so I can have that helpful catalogue info included.

I'd be careful about doing that. It could potentially lead to INADs, or maybe even VEROs if the US UPC isn't authorized for sale in Canada (probably won't, but in theory it could). I agree that it's incredibly annoying. Realistically, if someone is searching for a game they probably already know what it is anyway. Personally I don't hunt for UPCs. I put in whatever is on the packaging, or "DoesNotApply". If the item description doesn't show up, I don't worry about it.

I'm pretty careful when doing it. I review all the pre-filled Item Specifics to delete/alter any that may differ from the actual item I'm selling. If I were to ever have an issue I would cease doing it but I have to imagine there's a benefit (at least in terms of search/visibility) in having the item tied to the proper eBay catalogue listing otherwise eBay wouldn't have developed a catalogue. It would be nice if I could add my own item to the catalogue, but I haven't looked into if that's even something that's offered by eBay.

So today I go to list a vintage industrial iron. Fill in the title and brings me to a page for listing cell phones.  Huh???? The AI is definitely not learning. There are no other options at that page to escape/correct.

SEGYE Iron - MSP-410 - For Parts only

>>>>>>  https://www.ebay.ca/s/phone

-Lotz

Message 26 of 26
latest reply