No Descriptions Showing

There are no descriptions showing on any of my listings or others.  I tried clicking on "description" and they still don't show.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Could this be the reason that sales have virtually stopped?  I had ONE sale all month.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

No Descriptions Showing

I looked at one of your items and I saw a description ok..... are you on a computer or a phone?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I see five (5) sales in the last week:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/gifts_of_elegance/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=...

All your descriptions show OK

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

What you see on your own computer, what ever device, is not what others see. I have known this for years.

I see your descriptions.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

The phone was my first thought too.

If that is the problem, it's time to think about revamping your listings ( AAAAAARG!!!) so that what the 50%+ of buyers using phones to browse is attractive to them.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I don't have a phone, but, on my computer, Gift's listings look simple enough.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I'm on my iPad and can see your descriptions just fine.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The phone was my first thought too.

If that is the problem, it's time to think about revamping your listings ( AAAAAARG!!!) so that what the 50%+ of buyers using phones to browse is attractive to them.

That would be great if 99% of mobile users with small screens weren't redirected to eBay's summary view page which truncates item descriptions to a single line. I've found the majority never load the full description where an optimized responsive template might actually be shown to a user.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

There is no description in any listing! I can't see yours or mine or anybody else.

Just blank page instead of description.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I see your descriptions in all listings.

The problem does not appear to be at eBay.  What tool/equipment/program/os are you using to view your listings where the description is not visible?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

On my ipad and on my pc I see your descriptions and also see descriptions for gifts listings.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I hope it is was just a small glitch, now I can see everything, using my regular PC. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

Hello  Pierre,

I wish it was so!

The Burberry pin sold on April 11.

Dior Necklace on May 19th.

Swarovski Disney Necklace was sold but purchaser was kicked off and sale cancelled before I got paid.

Swarovski Pin sold on May 29th but did not pay until June 1.

The only sale I had this month was the Dior Earrings for $79.99

Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I have a laptop and I use Google Chrome.  Its not a glitch, its a test and has been going on since May 29th.  See

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/6/1465181275.html

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I have a computer Mr Elmwood and its recent.  I also know how to use it and have 16 years of selling under my belt.  Its a test that has been going on since May 29th

Not a glitch, its a test by eBay and has been going on since May 29th

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/6/1465181275.html

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

Thank  You for you for validating my statement.  Some seem to think I don't know what I am talking about.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

The test that is referred to in that article is about the Item Specifics area, not the description area. On some listings the item details are not visible on a pc although they can apparently be seen on a phone or tablet. It's ridiculous.

But regarding not being able to see the description, I did just read a post from a couple of sellers in the U.S. who mentioned not being able to see it today.  Perhaps it's another type of test since only some people are seeing it.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Can-t-see-description-when-clicking-on-any-Ebay-it...

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

now I can see everything, using my regular PC. 

What were you browsing with before? Laptop? Tablet? Phone?
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I have a laptop with Windows 10 and I use Google Chrome.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

No Descriptions Showing

I haven't seen evidence of an ebay test, but I have ran into all manner of bugs with the latest public build of chrome including a hang up every time I list an item. I did experience a blanking out of my description field, but this was related to the user agent switcher extension which is used to simulate the browser on different devices. It is very unlikely many people are actually using that, but I would try your listings on a different browser and see if your experience is replicated there. If you have any active content in your listing, ebay was getting nailed with malware warnings with various antimalware programs due to a phishing attempt blacklisted URL being active in some listings, so that is another thing to consider.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply