No More PayPal Labels At All?

I thought we were still going to be able to print our labels directly from within PayPal.  It seems we were able to for a short time.

For the last three days, however, I can get as far as Calculate Shipping and it times out .... on three different browsers.  I refuse to use Shippo until it's working properly so, thank goodness, we have Snap Ship, although we have to input more information and then add the tracking number, etc.

I was wondering if PayPal recognizes an eBay transaction and disallows the label printing.  What if I sold something to a friend and sent her an invoice.  Would I not be able to create a label for her either?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Since other selling venues also use PayPal as a payment processor, I would think PayPal online shipping would still be available....

The current issue with PayPal online shipping may be a PayPal/Canada Post problem...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

All PayPal worries about is if it is a paypal transaction (and that includes ebay sales paid using paypal).

Canada Post has been having a few issues this month -- last week it was a major Snap Ship problem.

You might want to send a message to paypal asking what's up with Canada Post shipping timing out this last few days. Sign on to Paypal then Help and Contact > Message Center

-..-

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

All PayPal worries about is if it is a paypal transaction (and that includes ebay sales paid using paypal).

Canada Post has been having a few issues this month -- last week it was a major Snap Ship problem.

You might want to send a message to paypal asking what's up with Canada Post shipping timing out this last few days. Sign on to Paypal then Help and Contact > Message Center

-..-

I may do that.  Because there have been so many problems with PayPal over the last few months, it's been my belief that they know about them and will get around to fixing them eventually.  At least, that's what's happened in the past.  Maybe people are tired of contacting them and that's why this latest issue has gone on for days.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off from calling PayPal about the ability to purchase shipping label via PayPal and they said it is tech problems and are working on them to fix them within 48 hours which I hope so.

Shhippo really sucks as they require credit card(s) as mandatory.  Idiots doesn't realize that NOT everyone has a credit card.  I use PayPal for over 12 years without a credit card or any problems and Canada Post Website is insane for requiring a credit card as mandatory.

I am going to talk to Canadian Human Rights if it is discriminating and I look forward to challenge Canada Post!  I am not giving up.  Just because Canada Post decided to create Shhippo doesn't mean we have to accept their insane requirements.  That goes the same as for requirement for "mobile phone" as if everyone has every phone devices?!! 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off from calling PayPal about the ability to purchase shipping label via PayPal and they said it is tech problems and are working on them to fix them within 48 hours which I hope so.

Shhippo really sucks as they require credit card(s) as mandatory.  Idiots doesn't realize that NOT everyone has a credit card.  I use PayPal for over 12 years without a credit card or any problems and Canada Post Website is insane for requiring a credit card as mandatory.

I am going to talk to Canadian Human Rights if it is discriminating and I look forward to challenge Canada Post!  I am not giving up.  Just because Canada Post decided to create Shhippo doesn't mean we have to accept their insane requirements.  That goes the same as for requirement for "mobile phone" as if everyone has every phone devices?!! 

You are confusing Shippo with Snap Ship.

Canada Post has added the new Snap Ship program to their other online shipping methods.

Shippo is a company hired by eBay.CA to make shipping labels available for eBay sales.

Shippo does not require a credit card for eBay linked purchases -- paypal is an option for those.

As for Canada Post, you might be able to force them to expand their options from credit card to include Canadian debit cards. But adding an American payment system (PayPal) is highly unlikely -- especially if you have the option to buy the same label directly through paypal.

And where are you seeing this requirement for "mobile phone" ?

I haven't come up against that yet as a problem (and I'm in the 14% of Canadian households that don't have a cellphone).  I've seen it as heavy suggestion on some websites, but not yet as a requirement.

-..-

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Now paypal has fixed the first part, and will let you calculate shipping and pay, but when you go to print it says PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@peter32123 wrote:

Now paypal has fixed the first part, and will let you calculate shipping and pay, but when you go to print it says PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience Smiley Mad

Go to the PayPal Canada Post transaction and see if you can reprint the label.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I tried to reprint, same thing, I emailed paypal through message centre to look into it.

Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

still broken, called paypal, told me to void, which takes 15 days to get money back but oh well, tried to void and it won't even let me void.

do not use paypal shipping for canada post, use shippo or snap ship, paypal has been broken for days and they don't give care and they'll just charge you the money.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am NOT confused with Shippo and Snap Ship!  It is Shippo.

When I tried to register with Shippo, it came up with "1 to 5" for cards meaning credit cards.  I was told by PayPal that Canada Post don't accept PayPal, so there!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post did not create Shippo as you suggested in another post.

Shippo does accept Paypal so perhaps you are not confused between Snap Ship and Shippo but your information is incorrect.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply