No Sales

I’d like to know why there are no sales happening on eBay? I have not had a sale since April of this year!  I have over 130 items selling right now with no sales!  I am really not sure if my account is blocked or there’s something totally wrong with eBay.  I realize that we have COVID-19 but I should have had at least one sale since April.  If anybody can fill me in so that I can understand what is going on, that would be great.  Thank you

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

No Sales

I'm surprised too. Those are the only two countries I stopped shipping to after one too many INR claims.
I rarely use tracking on international shipments, and generally that is not a problem.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

No Sales

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I don't believe only shipping to USA and Canada has that much negative affect on listings since Covid has created such a mess with worldwide postal systems, it's more likely to be a change of buyer habits that is influencing sales...

Supply and demand for some products/items will have lost traction while others will have gained traction...

I haven't promoted shipping to outside North America in years for either eBay or my other selling venues and sales keep truckin' along, sometimes good, sometimes not so good...

It's all about the product, its uniqueness, price points, supply and demand, target market,etc,etc...

My point was actually that the OP has (had?) many listings where worldwide shipping was offered, but they had only posted rates for Canada and the United States.  These listings won't likely show up readily on a search on eBay sites other than .ca and .com and I was musing that this may cause them to get pushed down in some searches on .ca and .com.  I looked up one of the OP's listings on .ca with most of the terms in the listing title, and while should have been the first result that popped up, it wasn't.  Of course, there may be other factors at play here, but I don't think it could hurt the OP to broaden their audience by adding shipping rates to other countries provided they are indeed willing to ship to them. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

No Sales

well, similarly, some of my listings (those on .CA) where shipping rates to USA and Canada are posted but selected countries checked where I would ship if buyers care to contact me for shipping quote, and I do find my listings on other eBay sites....

However, that is my choice just as it is for other sellers...

Most sellers have their reasons for listing shipping worldwide or limiting to Canada and USA and those reasons will vary from seller to seller...

Message 23 of 23
latest reply