No help from Ebay

In the past two weeks I've had 4 different buyers trying to buy an item from me and the purchase will not go through. I have contacted Ebay at least 5 times with no fix. They tell me that my account is fine and that the buyers should contact Ebay. The Buyers contact Ebay and Ebay tells them it my problem. So this has been going around in circles form over 2 weeks. Finally I spoke with a knowledgeable Ebay  tech last night. He said that there was a problem with the listing, " a bug". He suggest that I end the listing and re-do it. So I did today. I just received a message from a buyer that there is still the same issue. He had a friend try. Same result. I have spoken with PayPal also. I've been on Ebay for 18 years with 100% rating. What gives?  Why did it take 5-6 calls to Ebay before they admitted that there was a real problem? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: No help from Ebay

At what point are the buyers having a problem and what message are they getting?  Was it when they tried to pay?  Where are the buyers located...Canada, US.....?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Do you have any indication of where the buyers are located?

I tried that relisted electronic thing (technodolt here) and using Canada or USA gave me a price for shipping, but Ukraine said "This item will ship to Ukraine, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request a shipping method to your location."

So a Ukrainian buyer whose English is weak, might think he cannot buy.

I notice you are willing to ship to Ukraine, which is a war zone, and to Russia, a hotbed of scams.  You might want to reconsider that.

Also, Used means it works . As Is means nothing.

As Is/ for parts might protect you from unwarranted claims of Not As Described if it arrives and does not work-- or the buyer claims it does not work.

• Buyer pays any shipping/handling/insurance costs .If the shipping calculator does not work email me your location & zip code I will email you the shipping costs.
  • I will ship within 2-3 business days after receipt of cleared funds. I do my best to keep shipping charges down and reasonable.
  • I usually ship Canada Post. Some items need to be shipped Fed-Ex or UPS. Items will be well packed. Shipping charges are kept as low as possible.

None of this is useful, it's basically covered by your Shipping tab. And Buyer's Don't  Read.

Since you have just returned to selling after a break, you might want to restrict your shipping to North America.

Low recent feedback makes a seller a target for scammers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

All the buyers are in Canada. I have bought items from Russia and the Ukraine. Maybe I should update my requirement but this is not my problem . I appreciate your reply.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

All 4 if not 5 buyers ( all located in Canada) seem to get a message that "

says payment did not go through, check details."  One mentioned that they were charged and credited. I and they have contacted PayPal and Ebay. I did a test and I am able to buy an item via PayPal. So my Paypal account is OK. Ebay tells me that my Ebay account is OK. My buyers are also told the same.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

are you in managed payments??

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Have you double checked that the PP address in the listing is correct? 

When the address is wrong the message you mention isn’t usually the one given but it can’t hurt to check.  Are your PP and eBay account still linked?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No , not that I'm aware.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My addresses are correct. My PayPal is connected . I actually bought something yesterday to make sure that all was well. Both PayPal and Ebay tell me that my account is fine.  All 4 buyers have also spoked to Ebay and PayPal and were told that their accounts were fine.

I spoke with one agent " John" who seemed to have made a test and also was not able to buy my item. I expected a confirmation of the call with a ticket number. I have  not receive anything as of yet . Prior to speaking with him I chatted  with a Ely ( I believe) She ( whose knows) never sent me a confirmation of the call. She was totally useless. I worked in Customer support for over 10 years for a major US chemical company. We would have never gotten away with this low end service. I only know that 4 people contacted me because they could not  buy  from me. How many more did not contact me?  It been over two weeks. I'm a electronic tech, trained as a programmer, who has worked in computer and software support, just so that you'll know my back ground. Unlike these Ebay people I'm very thorough.  They even stopped sending me call surveys for fear of receiving a negative response from me.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Any issue that requires the assistance of eBay Customer Service is one the agent likely has no idea how to resolve. I believe they are significantly under trained and do not understand how eBay works as a sales platform. My recommendation from selling for a much shorter time than you but spending hours on the phone talking to customer service after many similar glitches is to only give an agent a few minutes to understand your problem. If they don't figure it out quickly, they don't understand it at all. At that point, I either call back or ask to be transferred. I have also been told things were glitches by agents when they were really intentional. There is no consistency with answers. Good luck.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply