No more US sales ????

tractorfix
Community Member

I've been selling on ebay casually for 20 years. 99% of my sales were always to US buyers. Now for months not a single one, just a few sporadic sales here and there all within Canada. Its like ebay has changed how results are displayed or somehow my results are no longer being displayed to US users. And of course I have checked my listings to make sure the items are available to USA users. I am at a loss and will likely close my store as I'm not making enough to even pay expenses. Any other canadians on here notice this?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: No more US sales ????

US sales go fine for me. Perhaps read some the items to check on in your listings to see if there is an issue.
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Hi  same  hardly ever sell anything   sold item not long ago  girl said just before item got to her doorstep  OOH IM SORRY I  CHANGED MY MIND  I DONT WANT THAT BAG  ..   """" she changed her mind   and said bunch of bad things about me  I'm deceitful etc etc      instead of saying to postman  I DONT WANT IT SEND IT BACK ,,SHE OPENED IT      so now  during pandemic  I have stranger    who has touched   maybe even used  this   400.00 Dooney  purse   I sell  I'm 65  have no income so sale went to pay bills behind  .  She won't answer my emails  to return,   eBay  IMMEDIATELY   IMMEDIATELY took her side  and girl was rude  attitude  to me from day one   I started to call    buyer was right   I WAS WRONG      , I have  appealed 3 times   and nope   nothing sellers right    and because I have NO MONEY  , IM 65     IM IN A PUDDLE RIGHT NOW    ebay can't get funds  169.00  so I have been partly suspended      after 17 ... YES 17 years   with ebay   , I'm such a VALUED CUSTOMER     SURE   , then why isn't ebay contacting buyer  to help retrieve my 400.00 bag  ,my listing stated NO RETURNS   ,,,, SO she gets to keep bag and a refund  .   I'm out close to 1000.00   now  .  I've read   that ebay sides with buyers  ALOT  lately      , sellers are SOL ...  GREAT  RIGHT ,, and as for us CANADIANS ... they are all complaining   the SHIPPING IS TOOOO EXPENSIVE  for them to buy in US ..from us ....... well We pay EXCHANGE      DUTY ,, SHIPPING   ...  look up,shipping to   Australia  or Italy     if I could  ship there I would    but shipping is nuts    and people contact me   from there to buy  BUT NOW IM SCARED   TO SELL BECAUSE  BUYERS HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS    SELLERS  MY DEARRIE  HAVE NONE... NONE   I'm fighting a loosing battle here   big time    I'm here in   Ontario   she's  in California     and won't answer     so take this with a grain of salt my dear    I'm ready to shut down    and say thank you  ebay  ..  I'm such a VALUED CUSTOMER  OF 17 .... 17 YEARS   ..     as they tell me everyone I call  ebay   ...     your not the only site I can sell on ..  thank you   stay safe   

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Having a "No Returns" policy is only for voluntary returns, it does not prohibit returns for "Item not as described".  What happens with buyer's remorse and no returns, or if buyers do not want to pay return shipping, is that they put it in as "Item not as described".  If they opened a claim and asked to return it, there is a clear path to getting your goods back.  You need to accept the claim and if it is cross border, either offer to pay the full return shipping or send them a USPS label (from shippos or pirate ship).

If you denied the return request and chose to fight it, then it is simply the buyer's word against yours and there is no way to prove the buyer's claim that it did not match what they expected.  You will lose in this circumstance.   If you refused the return claim, did not offer to pay for shipping, and lost the case then there is no obligation on the buyer to return the goods.   

These situations will always come up from time to time, and the best thing to do is accept the claim, be nice and keep the buyer on your side, but require a return before issuing a refund.  It can happen that the autobot will refund without a claim, but if you accepted the return and offered to pay return shipping, that gets fixed with a call and you will not be out of pocket.   Been there, done that. 

On the flip side of it, if a No Return policy prohibited returns due to problem items being sold it would be abused like crazy by the shysters.   

Blame Amazon if you wish, that is standard business practice for shoppers there.   Order first, decide after getting it, then return it saying there was an issue.  

The best you can do is to get the goods back ASAP out of the hands of someone who does not want them, take the shipping cost hit, and hope that they get back in the same condition you sent them.  It is an online business risk. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

...you are not acting very professional, while "slagging" off your Buyer and posting it to multiple threads.

You do realize we can all see your listings as can any other BUYER & here you are "Ranting" and making a fool of yourself while at the same time showing your "Customer Service" and business skills, it would certainly make me think twice before purchasing a $600 plus Disney pillow from you, or anything else...

And BTW, No Returns does mean No Refunds.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

FIRST OF ALL I DONT HAVE A BUSINESS THAT USES EBAY AS A SELLING PLATFORM BUT I DO HAVE 50 YEARS OF SALES AND MARKETING EXPERIENCE. I THINK THAT WHAT MOST CDNS AND AMERICANS DONT UNDERSTAND IS THE DEVASTATING EFFECT OF COVID ON THE MARKETS. PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS AS A MYRIAD OF BUSINESSES CLOSED. OTHERS ARE WORKING PART TIME OR LUCKILY FROM HOME. WITH ALL OF THIS THE LOGICAL CONCLUSION IS THE LACK OF DISPOSABLE INCOME TO BUY. ADD THAT TO INFLATION FOLKS ARE ONLY BUYING THINGS THEY NEED. I TRIED TO SELL SOME ITEMS ON EBAY FOR 30 DAYS AND NOT A NIBBLE ESPECIALLY WITH NICHE ITEMS LIKE MINE. IVE HAD 130 LISTINGS ON KIJIJI AND NOTHING REGARDLESS OF PRICE EVEN ITEMS THAT ARE NEW. IVE DEALT WITH FOR OVER 35 YRS IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER. BUYERS ARE ONLY BUYING ESSENTIAL ITEMS AND THEYRE EVEN CUTTING BACK ON THAT.  THINK THE ONLY ANSWER IS TO TOUGH IT OUT UNTIL MARKETS READJUST.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

blurl
Community Member

My summation of eBay is despicable self-interest. I use use it occasionally if I have no other option. Maybe Amazon would be a better option. In any case, there's an opportunity here for somebody to replace greedy Ebay.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 27 of 27
latest reply