Not seeing the condition tabs for video games

cbsalesnb
Community Member

Greetings,

Odd issue, but for some reason, starting a few days ago, when I look at the catalogue page for a video game listing, I only see 2 tabs. "New" and "Used" and the used tab is always empty.

I should see New, Like New, Very Good, Good, and Acceptable Tabs. I am still able to list items under their correct conditions, but just can't see them when looking at the catalogue view for the item. (Can't even see my own listing) I can see in the upper right that all the listings are there and I can click "See all listings" to see them in list form.

The odd part is, when I look at another type of item, say a DVD or Bluray, I can see all the tabs correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

cbsalesnb
Community Member

Nobody else having this issue?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

Sorry to bump, but I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this. The issue is still present. Maybe I'm not describing the issue very well.

I think some mass process happened on the Ebay side that changed the catalog entries for all video games to another template, however, it only half changed them. People are still able to list using the various item conditions, but since the tabs aren't there on the catalog page, you don't see those listings. (Unless you click the "See all listings" link in the upper right)

The "New" tab, shows all brand new listings, and the "Used" tab is always empty, even though there may be quite a few used items listed. (Only they are listed as Like New, Very good, Good, or Acceptable)

I hope I am making sense. This makes it a bit more difficult for me to guage the "Going price" of a used game, and also makes it more difficult for a buyer to get exactly the item they want for the best price.

Also, it completely negates the "Best deal from a top rated seller" slot for used games, because buyers can't get to the tab to see that.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

For those interested in this issue, ebay is aware and looking in to it. I will update this thread with details as I receive them.

Chris

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

likely no one noticed as few will ever see that view since they thankfully removed the catalog cards from best match

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

I think buyers may use it more than sellers, but I use it as a quick place to guage a price on my used items, yet lately I've been using the "See all items" then clicking on completed listings as that's what people are actually paying.

From a buying perspective, I find it very useful to get straight to the items I'm interested in without having to read 10 descriptions before I find the one I want at the price I want.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

I know when I have listings up where I've got the "Best deal from a top rated seller" slot, often my item will sell before the non TRS item that's a few bucks cheaper. This tells me that at least some buyers are using it. You can only see this on the catalogue page.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

I'm a bit late in updating this thread, but this issue was fixed on or shortly before the 22nd.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply