PP Shipping: No Tracked Package

Has anyone else run across this?

It's happened to me twice in the last couple of days.

I've accepted offers from overseas countries because the PO site shows that they offer tracked package, bu when I go to print out the label on PP shipping there is no tracked package.

Does anyone know if the PP site just doesn't offer it or is the error at the PO site?

These are more expensive items and I'd like to use tracked package.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

I'd trust Canada Post over the sometimes out of date PP listings.

That's a good site to bookmark if you haven't already.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I abandoned PayPal Shipping because they failed to keep current with the countries served by Tracked Packet. You’ll have to use Shippo or Snap Ship for accuracy. There’s a dozen countries missing from PayPal’s workflow due to sheer ineptitude on the part of either PayPal or Pitney Bowes who handles it. By your question, I can gues which countries: Italy, Japan? Iceland? Canada Post started by offering Tracked Packet to about 20 destinations and then graduatlly expanddd to 32. PayPal did not stay current. I complained about it for years. Then I left. PayPal Shipping can kiss my rear end now.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

On that irate note, when I return to my desk, I’ll update the thread with the short list I made of countries for which Tracked Packet is offered by PayPal versus the full list of countries served by it.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank You.

It took almost an hour to create one label on the PO Website and as usual I'm left with a headache.

But happy to have tracked packet to Lithuania and Japan.

I'm also 99% certain that the actual countries I'm shipping to aren't the same as the countries that were on these offers (i.e. the countries I checked before accepting these offers).

I know I didn't check Lithuania and Japan.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The last time I went all through the list and did a comparison was more than a year ago and then I switched to Shippo which is 100 per cent up-to-date with it so the point became moot. But here is what I found. 

INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS SERVED BY TRACKED PACKET via Canada Post
Please note that not all are reflected by Paypal Shipping therefore NO means Paypal Shipping does not offer it when they should and YES means they do as they should. Japan was added by Canada Post in May of 2018 so I haven't compared it hence the question mark as I don't know if Paypal Shipping offers it but I would assume they do not.

Austria NO
Australia YES
Belgium YES
Brazil NO
Croatia YES
Denmark YES
Estonia YES
Finland YES
France YES
Germany YES
Hong Kong NO
Hungary NO
Ireland YES
Iceland NO
Italy NO

Japan ?
Latvia YES
Lithuania NO
Luxembourg YES
Malaysia YES
Malta YES
Netherlands YES
New Zealand YES
Poland NO
Portugal NO
Singapore YES
South Korea NO
Spain YES
Sweden YES
Switzerland YES
Turkey* NO
United Kingdom YES
USA YES

*Turkey had banned Paypal so shipping there became moot too

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This issue with Paypal Shipping behind behind-the-times was a major sore point for me as I began offering only tracked shipping to international destinations in 2013 therefore my list of ship-to countries mirrored exactly the countries served by Tracked Packet. And then I discovered paypal shipping had not kept current with the full list of countries served which made me irate beyond words since at that time our only ebay discount was available via Paypal Shipping. I lodged complaints with ebay several times and had assurances that ebay was trying to rectify this problem with paypal shipping or Pintey Bowes but it was never fixed. 

Then Shippo came along. They actually had up-to-date data in their workflow. 

Thank goodness. I haven't used Paypal Shipping more than once since Shippo came along and that was only when Shippo went down briefly on the weekend and I didn't feel like paying for my postage label via credit card through Snap Ship.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Helpful but this isn't current either.

I just created a label via Tracked Packet to Lithuania.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Japan has tracked packet too.

Also have to say that I'm surprised at the decent discount at the Canadian PO site.  Expected the cost to be much higher.  

🙂

I've also been asking buyers in some of these countries for phone numbers.  A regular buyer from China always insists that I add a phone number to the package and that made sense so I started doing that for a lot of countries where addresses seem to make no sense.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You’ve misread. I know there’s Tracked Packet to Lithuania and Japan. The ‘no’ next to them was indicative of PayPal Shipping NOT supporting it the last time I checked which was, as I said, more than a year ago. If you have a current list, please post it.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
You’ve misread. I know there’s Tracked Packet to Lithuania and Japan. The ‘no’ next to them was indicative of PayPal Shipping NOT supporting it the last time I checked which was, as I said, more than a year ago. If you have a current list, please post it.

Oh, just saw this.

You asked if I have a list like yours.

For each country you must have had to:  

1) Figure out if a country had Tracked Packet at the CPO site.

2) Followed that through to see if PP offered Tracked Packet to that country by processing each country as if you had a shipment there.

3)  Noted if the two concurred or not and added it to your list.

That must have taken quite an effort and trust me:  That's not something I'd do (ever), and so I do not have a current list.

Thank You momcqueen for making the effort and then being kind enough to post it here.  🙂

Message 11 of 11
latest reply