Pick Up Option in Postage

Can you only use Pick Up as an available option when you choose Flat Rate Shipping? It's not available  when I choose Calculated Shipping. Or is this a new glitch connected to the calculator problems?

-CM

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Pick Up Option in Postage

Oh wait. You mean they seriously showed up and looked your item over and THEN decided not to pay?! That’s just weird. Was this at your home? What was the item.

Hmmm.
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

That is super gross and uncomfortable.

I’m not sure what to suggest here.

An Unpaid protects you from weird feedback but a Cancel is more polite.

How did this play out? I’d be a little worried I was being cased if this happened to me. It might be time to adopt a big, mean dog with very sharp teeth.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

One of the advantages of Local Pickup for the buyer is her ability to inspect the item before buying.

And for the seller is that cash payment means no Paypal fees.

Having worked in retail for many years, having a purchase fall through on inspection wouldn't bother me.

It's the no-shows that drive me nuts. I have stuff to do, bozo! Get your act together!!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

It’s true a failed inspection on Pickup is less costly to the seller than having to refund postage one or both ways on a return. I do a fair amount of Local Pickup but I’ve never had someone come to the door and change their mind. I have had no-shows (grr) and local pickups go to Unpaid after a buyer ghosted though.

Should this seller send a Cancel or Unpaid? It’s more of a Cancel situation, do you think?

I think my discomfort with this stems from the idea someone might have stood in my front hallway, looking all around my house, with a Pickup being the guise under which to do so. But that’s just me being suspicious and distrustful.
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Oh wait. You mean they seriously showed up and looked your item over and THEN decided not to pay?! That’s just weird. Was this at your home? What was the item.

Hmmm.

Sorry, hasn't happened yet, more of a general question as to how to proceed if someone shows up and changes their mind. I don't have the time to wait around for someone who doesn't show or does and then tries to haggle on the price, or changes there mind. If I wanted that kind of hassle I would sell on Craigslist or Kijjiji <lol>

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
That is super gross and uncomfortable.

I’m not sure what to suggest here.

An Unpaid protects you from weird feedback but a Cancel is more polite.

How did this play out? I’d be a little worried I was being cased if this happened to me. It might be time to adopt a big, mean dog with very sharp teeth.

But doesn't a cancel give you a strike?. I had a buyer once who purchased, never paid and I canceled the transaction. I received a strike for that, hindsight I should have filed  a no payment received.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Cancellations can give the seller a strike or not. It depends on what reason that you choose. If the buyer requests a Cancellation, you need documentation via ebay Messages to show it's true, and then select Buyer Changed Mind. If you run out of stock, and choose Item Unavailable as the reason for your cancellation, that is a strike.

If in the past you got an auto-strike because the buyer changed their mind but ebay thought it was a seller cancellation due to out-of-stock, you could have appealed that with Customer Service. 

It's not the fault of the seller if the buyer changes their mind. Therefore, no strike.

But why did this buyer change their mind? That is the next most important question to answer.

Cancellations mean the buyer can still leave feedback for you which you may not want.

Unpaid Item strikes means they cannot.

It's possible your method of closing the case may depend on whether you want the buyer to be able to leave you feedback.

Certainly, a cancellation is more polite for you to do. If the parting was amicable, I would recommend that route. But if something about this was off, go Unpaid Item Strike and block. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply