Printin Invoices / Packing Slips

Yesterday the ability to select all of our awaiting shipment items and print all the packing slips / invoices at one time disappeared.  Now, the only options are mark shipped or add tracking.  Am I missing something about how to avoid printing the slips one... order.. at... a... time....?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I too would like an answer to this. Can someone from eBay Canada chime in on this?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Such as tyler@ebay ?
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I too would lijke an answer. 

I used to be able to print off invoices for my own files and now I don't have that ability.

What's going on?

I'm very annoyed to say the least.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Yes, the ability for printing invoices, packing slips, and/or shipping labels in bulk has disappeared.

Yet again, I suspect that a coder or programmer at eBay had to justify their paid existance at the expense of the seller's time by unnecessarily tweaking the system.

Another coder/programmer might come along and "fix" the scenario at a later date.

This cyclical process of tweaking what needs not to be fixed helps keep themselves employed and delays the really larger problems/flaws (which they probably don't have the foggiest clue on how to rectify) from being addressed in a timely fashion...

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Do we know if they've done the same thing at eBay US?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

So I headed on over to eBay US and they have a new set-up for printing invoices. I believe eBay Canada was doing the same but they only got half finished.

The US Invoice printing is much better than the older version we had here.

Returning to eBay Canada to compare the two to confirm that this is what is being done, only to find even the packing slip option is gone. It's like there was a whoops the first time and they decided to roll things back but left no net in the wake.

Since my listings are transferred over no matter what eBay site I log into, Ibelieve I'm going to log in more to US and UK. They appear to have much more going on for them and US has forums that are bigger and busier than what is here.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Related to another thread I just checked out the Print Invoice function in  the Orders Tab of the Seller Hub.

Worked perfectly for me 5 minutes ago.

Do not select the "print shipping label" option, instead use the drop down and choose "print shipping labels or invoices", you can then choose to print only the invoice or only the label or both. Two kinds of invoices available, once designed for the customer and one designed for seller records.

recped_0-1624825307018.png

You can make some changes to the formatting and add/remove some segments by editing the template from the default layout.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

How would you able to do this in bulk? I can still do this one at a time.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@essentialcards wrote:

How would you able to do this in bulk? I can still do this one at a time.

That's a tyler@ebay  question. From recent searching the feature to print in bulk is AWOL. Even combining on shipping when 2 payments are involved now works differently.

-Lotz

@recped 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I just want them to add the "print shipping labels or invoices" option back for bulk orders. I called ebay and apparently I was told I was the only one thats experiecing this problem as there was no outgoing tickets opened.  The rep also said that this was a site error. Who knows? Just have to wait and see.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@essentialcards 

It appears it has been spotted by others according to this discussion. It may or may not have been physically reported. It's truly difficult to confirm what or what isn't being investigated other than either a deep dive on dot ca or dot com discussion boards or by doing a google search. Remember when you search the boards to update to by most recent date.

The alternative are the ebay status pages. Substitute com for CA to to check the US board for possible issues. Unfortunately it can take several(many) reports before something truly gets investigated. When you phone,chat/twitter etc make sure to let them know which site you are seeing the problem on and ask for a case number.

https://www.ebay.ca/sts

-Lotz

PS. As a side when you get a case number(with online chat) you will get a transcript....Most of the time. That's not 100% but then you have some sort of a reference in case you need to call back.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Because of how "old" I am here, I've always operated off of the .COM site.

Lately because I've got so much .CA stuff running often I go to do my daily "procedures" from .CA accidentally and wow there's lots of things different/missing, so I continue to operate primarily off .COM as I always have.... except to list .CA items and to be a part of this discussion board....

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Because of how "old" I am here, I've always operated off of the .COM site.

Lately because I've got so much .CA stuff running often I go to do my daily "procedures" from .CA accidentally and wow there's lots of things different/missing, so I continue to operate primarily off .COM as I always have.... except to list .CA items and to be a part of this discussion board....

Comparing/researching anything that way can be ummmm a shock to the system. At times doing so reminds me of one of those House of Mirrors at an amusement park. Everything is not always as it appears.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I don't have an answer to the bulk printing question. I looked for that option but didn't find it.

One thing that people should be aware of,  Ive been using the Seller Hub and the SH in conjunction with Managed Payments since last September. Every few days there is some new layout and/or feature that pops up, The list of "missing" features that people were asking for last Fall are now mostly included, the ones from january are the same, some of the thing people wanted in April/May are showing up as well.

The Hub and MP are a work in progress, what is missing today may be included in a few weeks and things we  don't even know we want now will probably appear in September or October.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Came to the forums to see if anyone else was experiencing this and it seems as though I'm not alone.

Printing the packing slips one by one is extremely cumbersome - if anyone at eBay Canada is viewing this thread please forward this to someone who can fix the issue!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply