Promo: Sell for $1

It's been mentioned before on the Boards but now it's live: https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/0112/selling.html

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.11.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.13.07 AM.png

eBay

Shop by category
Enter your search keyword

All CategoriesAntiquesArtAutomotiveBabyBooksBusiness & IndustrialCameras & PhotoCell Phones & AccessoriesClothing, Shoes & AccessoriesCoins & Paper MoneyCollectiblesComputers/Tablets & NetworkingConsumer ElectronicsCraftsDolls & BearsDVDs & MoviesEntertainment MemorabiliaGift Cards & CouponsHealth & BeautyHome & GardenJewellery & WatchesMusicMusical Instruments & GearPet SuppliesPottery & GlassReal EstateSpecialty ServicesSporting GoodsSports Mem, Cards & Fan ShopStampsTickets & ExperiencesToys & HobbiesTravelVideo Games & ConsolesEverything Else

Advanced

Snap It. List It. Sell It.
Sell for $1*
Accept Offer

*Valid from Saturday, January 12, 2019 00:00:01 ET until Sunday, January 13, 2019 23:59:59 ET. Maximum fee per sold listing is $1. Applies to final value fees on up to 5 listings. No insertion fees apply. Item must sell within 30 days of listing. T&Cs apply.

Terms and conditions

Optional advanced upgrade fees may apply. See below for more details.

Please note: Sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate Offer" from within the invitation email, the Promotion landing page, or from within the Promotional Offers module within My eBay. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion, or after the Promotion Period (including Good 'Til Cancelled auto-relists) will not be eligible for the Promotion.

What is the Promotion?

Sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer, and pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, list during the Promotion Period, will pay zero insertion fee and a final value fee of $1 per item for the first 5 listings created.("Promotion").

Eligible listings for the Promotion include auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats.

Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping).

Please note: All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply. Listing fees may apply, depending on how many listings you have already created; learn more about seller fees, including the number of free listings per month, by viewing our everyday rate plan.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to Canadian sellers who: (i) activated the Promotion; and (ii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your seller dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on January 12, 2019, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on January 13, 2019 at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Period").

How do I activate the Promotion?

Sellers will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email, the Promotion landing page, or from within the Promotional Offers module within My eBay. Sellers must then create listings on the Canadian sites at www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. Please note that the discount may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Summary of Restrictions & Exclusions

Please take time to read the full terms for all the details.

• This Promotion is only valid for listings on the Canadian sites at www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca, or with an eBay Mobile application in Canada.
  • Only registered eBay members with an address located in Canada can receive the Promotion.
  • The following categories are excluded from the Promotion: Cars & Trucks (6001), Motorcycles (6024), Boats (26429) Powersports (66466), Real Estate (10542), Other Vehicles & Trailers (6038), Commercial Printing Presses (26247), Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts (67145), Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment (92036), Heavy Equipment (177641).
  • Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in two categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.
  • All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function will be charged.

Reference Code: 7273

Additional site navigation

Scroll to top

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It is pay a one dollar Final Value Fee on the selling price (shipping not included) promo.

So do not use for inexpensive items under $10.

The FVF on shipping cost still applies.

The usual GST/HST/QST still applies to the $1 fee.

Canadian ebay sites only.

Some categories excluded.

Invitation style promo -- so must be activated before using.

-..-

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Can you cancel listings and then relist to take advantage?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

yes you can, once you activate the offer, the next 5 items, you list for sale count towards, your 5 items.. whether  it be new auction, relist or sell similar..

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

With respect to the Used/Left tracker under the Promotional Offers area in Seller Hub, the "Left" number will only decrease when an item listed during this period has sold, correct? Made a listing but it didn't impact the counter even though I already accepted the promotion. As I recall, there was also an insertion fee, which I'm guessing will be negated if it sells within 30 days. Unless I did something wrong?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ignore the above. Figured out what went wrong.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

These types of promotions are tricky to figure out because it seems like sometimes the counter moves when the item is listed and other times only when it sells. It depends on how the promo is worded and intended to work but to the average ebay seller like you and I, the finer detail of that point seems moot when you're simply trying to figure out if the offer has been properly activated or not. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I listed 5 higher priced items yesterday & now I have 0 left for that promotion. So for this one it counts it right away & not when sold.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Now all that has to happen is any of those 5 items to sell in the next 30 days. Good luck to everyone who received the offer and everyone that is able to cash in with sales!!!  chart_with_upwards_trend

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I activated this offer without paying any attention to the items coming up for renewal (wasting it, in effect) so I wanted to see which ones were used. Five show used with zero left.

When I clicked on the numeral five, this is what the page told me. I had to chuckle. 

'It's a hidden counter.''It's a hidden counter.'

Like the wind..... whoosh. Yes, I downloaded the item IDs and got my answer that way.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply