Promotions

Promotions are coming fast and furious.  I am grateful for them all.  Now they are over lapping.  I activate and list, BUT.  all that said, listings are active and 0 is viewing.  All my listings have 0 - 5 visits.  Is it possible someone finally noticed all the changes that are being made, is causing less sales?  Unless listings are viewed, promotions to sellers will make no difference.

Something is wrong with listing tools.  I was going to list an item, and in the details, there was a drop down menu with choices like Porche (vehicle i assume) (Shaeffer fountainpen) and more obscure choices.  The item i was going to list  was an antique trinket box.  I decided not to list it at this time.  Many categories have detail options, that have nothing to do with the item.  Whoever creates these categories must be nuts.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Promotions

I haven't been invited to a Listing Promotion in an eternity.

I do use things like Markdown Manager and Promoted Listings to their fullest potential and, beginning tomorrow with the launch of Seller's Hub, I will be create a tidal wave of Promotions Manager offers to generate interest in my items.

My sales performance has been strong this month but I haven't been comparing Views to Sales.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

One more promo just came.  This one is for 500 free listings.  The others are for % off fees.  It's ironic, I have the occasional sale, yet I get the promos every time.  I just want someone to actully see my listings.  My items, prices and shipping are compatible with others, so I'm at a loss as to why I'm invisible.  I don't care any more.  I since I don't pay for listings.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

got 20% off fvf on the same id that has now had it 3 months in a row.  Nothing on other ids

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

I have the occasional sale, yet I get the promos every time.

Promotions are for the good of eBay not for sellers.

You are getting the promotions because with low sales you are likely to stop listing, reducing sales even more.

The Promotion costs eBay effectively nothing (I suspect they pay for all the computer space with fees from us Store subscribers) and may lead to more sales.

You are an experienced seller, so you know your market.

My only thought is that the more we list, the more often a customer will find something of ours and take a peek at our other offerings.

Since you have 500 Free Listings, now might be the time to add all those oldies you have in the vault.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

Would you be able to post the link to that promo offer? I don't see it in my Promotional Offers but sometimes clicking the link on the web page works.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Promotions are for the good of eBay not for sellers.

How do you figure that? Don't you think getting listings for free instead of paying for them is good for sellers? Don't you think being able to list stuff that normally wouldn't be worth paying 30 cents is good for sellers?

Sure eBay uses promos to encourage listings which may translate into sales on which eBay earns a 10% commission......BUT what about the other 90% that goes to the seller?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Promotions

Actually I file that under 'unintended consequences'.

Don't you think being able to list stuff that normally wouldn't be worth paying 30 cents is good for sellers?

For the seller who lists it, maybe.

For all the sellers moaning on the Boards about categories flooded by listings of unsaleable items on Promotion Days (or from Chinese sellers who they imagine are paid to list on eBay or something), no.

For the buyers who complain on the Boards about having to wade through thousands of misdescribed and junky listings to find anything worth considering , no.

For eBay, which gets their FVF on any sales that happen by, plus listing fees on accidental listings and on options, as well as gratitude (well, a little) from occasional and new sellers who are trying to make money on 99 cent items, yes.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply