Redirected to ebay.com from ebay.ca

sng366
Community Member

I can't resume listing a draft on ebay.ca. When I click the resume button up comes the ebay.com login page. 

I've tried a different browser and a different computer and the problem persists.  Talked on the phone with an ebay assistant and he said just use the ebay.com site but of course you're shipping options are USPS and American courier companies.  I've also had two chat sessions with ebay.ca folks who were mystified.  I'm registered with ebay.ca so the redirect shouldn't be happening they claim.

Cleared all cookies and browser cache to no avail.

One final thought.  Before all this started happening, I had, a few days before, logged onto ebay.ca  through it's partnership with Google using my Google account.  After logging in I was being redirected to ebay.au which is Australia.  I'm beginning to think using Google started the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To eliminate google from the discussion the authorization needs to be removed from your google account. I inadvertently used google to signin somewhere one time, not ebay, then forgot all about it. Months later I happened to be rummaging around in my google account settings and come across a section listing the site I'd authorized to use google signin ... those are not one time events, the authorization has to be removed from google. I quickly deleted that one.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you...It may be Google. I'll look into what you suggest. Thanks for taking the time and effort to respond. I'll post any results that may occur, Thanks again
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It sounds like the draft was started on .com, that’s why you keep getting directed back there. You will have to start a new one while you are signed into .ca.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks but ebay.ca won't even let me list a new item. ebay.com no problem.

I appreciate your efforts to help. Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What happens when you try to start a listing on .ca by clicking on sell at the top?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Things start to improve that's what happens. I'm having more success today. Thanks for your input and thanks to all who have made suggestions. I'll update as things continue to progress.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I did remove Authorization from Google and things did improve but I'm not certain it was the removal that solved the problem. I'm pretty green when it comes to listing and I'm sure I made some mistakes. Moreover perhaps someone at ebay did something to correct things. I'll post more when I'm more certain.
Thanks again to all who read my post and to those who took the time to respond.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply