Restricted Account

Hello,

I am a Seller on eBay.ca with a Top Rated Seller Level, 100% positive Feedback, tens of thousands dollars in sales and my account is restricted. I can continue selling, just can't list items or make changes to my listings. (which means I can't even put the amounts available to 0), and I am not recieving my payouts. I do not have any open, or even closed cases within the last 90 days. I had 10 to 12 orders cancelled by the buyers recently because the listing was pre-sale and when the buyers realized this after the fact the requested cancellations which I immediatley refunded. The listings clearly stated Pre-Sale and shipping times were posted to reflect the long wait time because of the pre-sale.

So, because of buyers not reading the listing or later deciding they didn't want to wait, I have my account restricted?

I tried to appeal my restiction but I continually get back a generic email stating I have to provide proof of delivery, not even proof of shipping, of all my items sold before my account is reinstated. I sell high and low value coins, with the low value coins shipped by lettermail and the high value shipped parcel with tracking. Shipping by lettermail is approved by eBay so the only way I can prove these items deliverd is by FORCING buyers to leave me feedback that they recieved the item. 

I can't find a number to call someone, not a call centre employee, to discuss this matter. Is there such a number?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Restricted Account

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

the requested cancellations which I immediatley refunded.

Did you cancel as Buyer Request?

Anything else would give you an Out Of Stock defect, and that many would definitely lead to a suspension.

Be sure when you Chat with the eBay employee that they understand you are in Canada, since that can change the response.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

I'm presuming one of these was the $5,000 item. Even with "buyer asked to cancel" cause the high value on its own was probably enough to set the "bots" off.

Femme has provided the links, however, if you choose to continue doing pre sale stuff I very very strongly suggest you put those "pre sale" words in the title of the listing. Anywhere else (including where it is now) often is not viewed by buyers. In my experience one can't even count on the buyers reading the whole title!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

No, that sale was delivered with no issues. 

The item that buyers didn't want to wait for was the "Toonie" for $8.92. I sold over 260 of them and I would need to contact and convince 50 to 75 buyers to leave me feedback that they recieved the coins.

Regarding the Pre-sale in the listing, will from now on.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

Thanks for the contact information.

All cancellations were submitted as Buyer Request.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

That's interesting, the quantity of them within a specific listing maybe was what did it.

What catches the "bots" attention appears to be difficult to ascertain from a variety of perspectives!

Let us know what happens when you catch up to real support staff people!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

Restricted Account

Social Media team could not help me, states I have to deal with it through the resolution message which is a complete joke because after multiple asks it is not telling me which orders I need to confirm shipment for.

I am only guessing that the problem was the pre-sale orders. Do I need to go back and contact 1 week of buyers, 2 weeks, 2months, 6months...?

Aside note, all orders from the pre-sale were shipped on January 4th and I haven't had any buyers open a case regarding non delivery. 

Guilty until I prove myself innocent? 

I can't even remove quantities from my listings, so I could sell a $5000 item and eBay would keep the money...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

This message to my buyers would go over well.

"My account is currently restricted until you leave me feedback stating you recieved your order, can you please do that?"

And what happens if even one customer doesn't? I no longer have an eBay account?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

Does the restriction say how long it is for? Normally it will tell you 3 days, some timeframe?

Assuming it has a timeframe you'll just have to wait it out. If no timeframe, it might be "bad" like 30 days if they use that for the timeframe for proof that things were ok without tracked delivery.

Are you able to end listings? If you can it might be wise to end the dangerous ones until you can change them to conform to the pre-sale policy requirements. You don't want new ones adding to the problem/duration.

They won't keep your money if you're permanently restricted, although I don't think there is a permanent restriction, you'd be "ended" in that case, and I think the funds would be released in the normal way once the timeframe expired (my guess would be 30 days). Given you're still able to have things running it seems that its a temporary restriction, it might be a long one though.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

You don't need them to leave feedback.  You can contact them through eBay messanger and request confirmation that they received their orders.  eBay reps do look at messages if you indicate you have confirmation. 

Huge PITA still and not everyone will bother getting back to you.  

In the last 6 months (year?) there have been a number of established folks getting some type of restrictions, though it is usually just on the payout and they can continue listing. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Restricted Account

That is what I was wondering. For a new seller payments are held until either proof of delivery or a specified amount of time has past.   Even if it is 30 days after the last eBay shipping time estimate there should be an expiration date.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply