Returns

I have a buyer who has just made a paypal account the same day he bought $200 Dr. Dre headphones from me. He has never bought anything from this eBay account before. He received the BRAND NEW headphones. Never used and is now claiming that the case on them are stained and the headphones aren't working properly. They are NEW! Its impossble. I can tell the buyer is lying. Ebay decided in his favor and is allowing him to return the item to be which is STAINED according to him, and I can't resell them now i just lost all my money! So disappointed. Anyways, I guess my question is; 

How long does Ebay give the buyer to return the headphones? It's been about a week and he has not updated any tracking information on the return of the headphones. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Returns

You sent out a clean pair of new headphones.

The buyer changed his mind, and is returning them using "not as described" as his reason.

You don't have the headphones yet.

So maybe he realized he needed the money more than the headphones and is returning exactly what he got.

You will be out the cost of shipping, but otherwise, you have a saleable item back.

Maybe the phones got stained in the factory. He noticed it when he unpacked them.

You will be out the cost of shipping, but you can relist them at a lower price* even if you don't actually make a profit.

Maybe he is switching out the new phones for the old sweatstained and scratched ones he already had.

Yuck.

But you won't know until you get the return.

With only three selling feedbacks, you need a few lessons in mail order selling.

The most important one is:

Cookie Jar Insurance.

This means adding a little extra to every asking price to cover the costs of the occasional transaction that goes wrong.

With two unhappy customers, out of eight, it's time to spend a little time thinking about your business plan.

Also: if you are dropshipping the liquid stuff, you have no control over when it is shipped. You should also have the location of the shipper on the listing, not your own.

Since it is meant to be swallowed, you should also have the expiry date in the listing.

Same goes for the makeup.

Dropshipping can be a start to mail order shipping, but between slow shipping, heavy competition, and out of stock situations that come out of the blue, the reseller gets all the Defects and the supplier gets the profits.

*perhaps enough to cover all the shipping, plus fees, plus procurement cost.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply