Sales Tax Table not applying, any ideas?

First off before anyone asks.  YES! I am required to collect Sales Tax, thank you!

So let me just say I have contacted customer support multiple times, they have "opened tickets", but the issue is still not resolved.  I am getting no where with them.

So I set up my Sales Tax table over a month ago, Ebay customer support has verified it is set up.  I have added my "VAT" Gst number.

All my listings have been closed down for a vacation and reopened since.  I have added many new items.  No sales tax.  Yes I have verified with sold listings, no sales tax for Canadian sales.

Before recently I was only selling small items on ebay and I was paying the tax out of pocket, but recently I have been selling $1k cards on the weekends, and the taxes are a big chunk of change, so I wanted to collect it from the buyer.  (yes I know this will effect my sales).

I have attached what I see on my listings.  I do not have the option of applying the sales table, only making individual province percentages.  I have tried different browsers, changed out the options on the listing page, redid my sales tax table, everything I can possibly think of.

I honestly have given up on Ebay fixing it.  After the first ticket to "fix" it, I talked to them and they said the ticket was never created.  After multiple contacts, I now have a ticket in the system, but they haven't fixed the problem.  Each weekend they delay is costing me hundreds in sales tax out of pocket.  

Does anyone see something simple I am missing to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Sales Tax Table not applying, any ideas?

I am having the EXACT same problem. 

I have obtained a GST/HST number, and I have created a sales tax table, but it has not been applied to my listings.  (And yes I relisted all of them after I setup the tax table).

Regs43 posted their screenshot, and I also do not have that check box that integrates the sales tax table with the listing.  (And yes I'm using the advanced listing format).

Beavosorus, if you find a solution, PLEASE SHARE!!!

...also, do I need to enter anything under the VAT number?  I only sell in north america, I figured the VAT was only for sellers who ship to Europe.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Look at this - no option to utilize the sales tax table.Look at this - no option to utilize the sales tax table.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I will let you know.  At this point I have left it in the hands of Ebay.  😞  You should probably open a ticket as well.  If you get no where try to reach out to Tyler on here.

After doing some research, I guess the VAT number is also where you are supposed to put your GST/HST business number.  

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hi Tyler

Any news on when the sales tax table issue will be resolved?

I'm having the exact same problem.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@funadvocate wrote:

Hi Tyler

Any news on when the sales tax table issue will be resolved?

I'm having the exact same problem.

tagging tyler@ebay 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Are you able to get any updates?  It is still not working and it is costing me $$ 😞

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

This is unacceptable.  How can ebay not fix this problem?  

It is hurting many canadian businesses like mine.

And despite ebay's call center assuring me that 'your problem has been given priority', nothing has been done and no update has been given.

PLEASE LET ME APPLY MY SALES TAX TABLE TO MY LISTINGS!!!

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@beavosorus - no updates at this point in time, other than that it's being worked on still. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@beavosorus - I got told yesterday that this should be resolved now. Would you mind having a look and letting me know?

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Yes it has been fixed, another poster let me know a week or so ago.  Thank you!

Message 30 of 30
latest reply