Search parameters

As I sell preowned fine china and OAK items, I now find since all the changes, my listings have no views (0).  The last 24 hours 20 listings ended with no views, so am I to expect this is the new normal.  Other sellers with like items are selling.  What determines which listings gets views?  Is it price or shipping or???  I'd sure like to know.  How can buyers search, if we sell items in lots, with calculated shipping?  Each listing is unique.  I have just changed to same shipping to all, for the last few listings, so will see what happens.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Search parameters

The default Search is Best Match.

The more you sell, the higher you will be.

But may Search by Newly Listed or About to Close.

While Cassini is still involved, we can raise our chances of being seen by having something opening and closing at all times, and if we have Stores putting links to them in our description.

Many Search by Lowest Price First.

If that is your customer, don't use Free Shipping which may be the lowest cost, but with shipping included in your asking price (which is what Free Shipping really means) will not do well in that Search.

Very few Search by Highest Price First.

But those that do are smart people, (it's my preferred Search ;>) ) and tend to be easier to deal with.

There are also Searches for Price plus Shipping.

Again, smart buyers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Search parameters

So selling 6 dinner plate lot or 6 sets of cups lot, is not going to get views, obviously the price will never be the lowest.  I would have to hope for a buyer searching for "lots".  That's like hoping to win the lottery.  Those of us not selling much is out of luck.

BTW tried to post a comment earlier and was told I had HTTL or something like that content????? so gave up on that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Search parameters

I guess not.  Selling as singles with six available and a discount on each extra one purchased perhaps?

Really not my field. I limit dinner parties to six because I only have six plates in my pattern.

And as for teacups-- there are a LOT of tea shops here in Victoria and on proprietor confided that breakage was not a problem. She could replace any cup and saucer from the thrift shops for a toonie.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Search parameters

Have attended live auctions on a regular basis here in Ontario for many years now. Over the last several years there has been a marked lack of bidders interested in almost any sort of fine china. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is single plates, teacups and saucers or a complete set of Royal Albert. There just are not many buyers interested in china, glass does a little better but even there, a lot of pieces sell pretty cheap.

I have fond memories of tagging along with my parents when visiting various great aunts around the Province. Tea was always without fail brewed in a big china teapot and then served at the table in dainty but beautiful china teacups with matching saucers. Seemed there was always a platter of homemade cookies available too. Cannot remember the last tine I was served tea in a china teacup .... those social traditions have all but disappeared.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply