Second INR claim this month

Just got my second INR claim this month. Both were shipped letter mail in padded envelopes within Canada. Both bracelets-  one to Ont & one to BC. The one this am is somewhat curious. A member since 2016 but only 2 FB (i left 2nd one). I looked at her FB left for others & only 1 neg saying something like worst eBay experience ever paid item never rec'd. In looking at the transaction it was for a bracelet pretty much the same as mine. Rather curious that 2 were purchased & neither arrived. What are the odds. Am I just being paranoid about feeling scammed. 

Am thinking perhaps I should only use expedited in Canada but for smaller ticket items this is rather expensive.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Second INR claim this month

The February one was opened Feb 27th & I mailed on the 15th so not much time allowed there either (I have 3 handling days & mailed after 1). At first she agreed to wait for a few days then changed her mind saying "I don't know what good that would do" Felt like saying "duh it might arrive" LOL I cannot remember how long eBay gave me to settle but don't think I got an email like the one I got today.

I will maybe change my shipping to the economy rather than lettermail cause eBay does not allow much time for lettermail to get across the country. Thanks for the tip. Problem is with allowing INRs to be opened so quickly & forcing a refund does not allow for mail delays which we all know happen. Then if it does arrive later (  I have never had any of these returned to me) many buyers say they will reimburse you & they probably mean it at the time but then maybe they are not sure how & rather than spend any time on it they just forget it & the sellers lose out.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Aside,  I wonder why the resistance here to signature confirmation.

It's another dumb copy from US sellers.

Canada Post has many offices and outlets, but USPS doesn't,apparently.

And while the Outlets are open at all sorts of hours, USPS offices are open pretty strictly during business hours (which include Saturdays, I would guess, but I've been told not).

Anyway, if a USPS carrier misses getting a signature, the customer has to get to a Post Office during M-F 9-5 business hours, which can be difficult.

So I'm told.

But since it also means getting out of the car and talking to PO clerks, I think the objections are probably exaggerated.

If a seller is going to ship tracked, there's a lot to be said for Signature Confirmation, even when it is not required in the uncommon case of an Item  Not Received Dispute.

Like the trolls who tell every newbie that everything they sell will be stolen and nobody will have their backs.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

many buyers say they will reimburse you & they probably mean it at the time but then maybe they are not sure how

It's worth putting the "how" into your polite note with the refund.

"WHEN your purchase arrives you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service at the top of your PP account page under Money."

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hi were either of those items that you sold listed on .com?  If so ebay only gives you 7 calendar days to get it to the buyer.  No handling time either.  

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Yes come to think of it was. I had forgotten that little issue. Thanks for the reminder. 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I’m beginning to suspect there’s a certain small segment of the buying population that’s aware of this loophole and is exploiting it. Mind you, a buyer doesn’t need seven days or 14 days or 21 days to file a false Item Not Received if the order is sent without tracking. It’s ALL honour system, the length of time before an user can claim INR is merely a matter of patience.
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Just wanted to update you all. Buyer closed case today as item arrived. This to me proves the point that eBay is not allowing sufficient time for items to get there & allows INR cases to be opened too soon. 

At any rate glad I did not settle as early as eBay suggested.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Good news! And I’m glad your buyer was honest in that it arrived.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Me too! 

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi, I agree with you, it is too easy to open a case for INR. I have about 1-2 of these a month

and I don't believe items get lost in mail that easy.

Always low value $10-20 items and a lot of these INR are overseas. Some items are just in a regular first class envelope that is impossible to know that something else beside documents is inside but still, it vanished???

Ebay should monitor all the INR cases opened by a buyer and close their account if cases are too frequent because their address is at risk.

Starting now I will not ship to overseas destinations without tracking or insurance even for

a $5 item, tired of loosing money, lost many many hundreds of $$ since I started on Ebay in 2004.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply