Sell for $1 (five listings) promo for this weekend

I assume this is invite only, but here is the link if people want to try.

It's a promo for free insertion fees for five listings, and if they sell within 30 days, the FVF is capped at $1. Deadline to activate and list is July 29 8:59pm PST. 

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2018/0728/index.html

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

And for best value, make sure to have 5 high value items ready to list before activating. The last time I had this offer I was relisting a bunch of stuff around the same time, and basically ended up with 5 free listings since I didn't list the high price ones first after activating. *sigh* Smiley Embarassed

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Your link worked for me, thanks.
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Do Canadian registered sellers who sell on dot com get the dot com promos?

I'm registered in the US and ever since they changed to CAD only and we got that humongous amount of free listings I haven't had a CA promo since.

This $1 one says I'm not eligible because I don't live in Canada, hence my question about the US promos for Canadian resident sellers.
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

doesn't apply to me ...bogus.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@great_junque_finds wrote:
Do Canadian registered sellers who sell on dot com get the dot com promos?
I'm registered in the US and ever since they changed to CAD only and we got that humongous amount of free listings I haven't had a CA promo since.
This $1 one says I'm not eligible because I don't live in Canada, hence my question about the US promos for Canadian resident sellers.

This was a Canada only promo. Canada based sellers listing on cafr.ebay.ca or ebay.ca -- so tightly targeted. The promo cost is probably charged against the eBay.CA budget and sellers from outside Canada are not part of eBay.CA's internal budget numbers.  Typical bean counting.

Since the switchover 2 years ago I've had no ebay.com seller invites (I list on both .ca and on .com).

But I have had buyer promos that were good for .com

-..-

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

When we could list in US or Canadian dollars on .ca, any promo I received could be used on both .ca and .com. But since the change to $C only I’ve only received seller promos for .ca even though I list on both sites.  From what I’ve  read on the boards, that’s true for most Canadians. 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

The link worked for me, and on Sat I listed an item for $690 on .ca even though I normally don't list there.

Then tonight I thought I'd list an even more expensive item, so with 5 min left on the listing deadline, I whipped up an auction just in time.  After checked it, I realized I was logged into .com, so the offer didn't apply.  I was about to cancel the auction when I thought that since my price was 30% higher than I normally sell this item for (CAD/USD), why not let it ride. 

It won't sell, and it won't cost me.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Er, what am I not understanding? Is this adjusted later or something? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.12.36 AM.png

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

You'd think it should be shown as $1 at the time of the sale as it clearly says promo on it
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Invoicing and billing clarity is not really a strongsuit of eBay/Paypal/Shippo!!!

-CM

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

depends on which promo it is under...eBay lately has been running some of these promos in succession so that unless a seller is keeping track of whether it is a 20% discount, 25% discount, $1. on FVF etc, can easily get mixed up on which promo a listing is being counted and/or which promo eBay is calculating plus whether these calculations are done prior to adding taxes, etc.........eBay is going to work out these discount calculations so it benefits them too.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Er, what am I not understanding? Is this adjusted later or something? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.12.36 AM.png

This was one of the 5 items you listed after you activated the promo?

Two previous promos that discounted Final Value Fees (20%)

ended July 2, last date to have a sale discount:  August 1

ended July 17, last date to have a sale discount:  August 16

-..-

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Oh ho ho, I don’t know that it is. I activated the offer(s) and walked away. It could very well be from one of the offer(s) previous... about which I’d already forgot.
Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Uh oh, this promo is only for 5 listings listed the last couple days (I ended 5 listings and relisted them to use the promo at Friday 10pm PST) so I guess you missed out on it......

Message 15 of 37
latest reply

I had items renewing which seemed to be counted as the five.
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

oh lol, that's good then. Tell us when one of them sells.

Last time I had this promo I picked the 5 most expensive listings I have and none of them sold (not that I expected them to). This time I picked 5 listings that are ending soon with watchers, will see how that goes...

Ironically, with that 20% off FVF promo, my recent sales were mostly on .COM so only 3 .CA sales was able to take advantage of it. With 20% off I saved maybe like $1.5 in FVF lol...

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

If I were smart, I'd have done the same thing. I have really only five or less of what I would consider high-value items, those being items with an asking price where capping the Final Value Fee at a dollar might be enough to make me cheer. Otherwise, most of the time, my FVF is like $2 or $3 so, I could look at the latest promo like its a 50 per cent reduction in FVF but, in reality, it's still saving me a dollar. Still, a dollar less in fees is a dollar more that I get to spend on runners for the kids going back to school in a month. 

I wasn't really feeling motivated enough to analyze the cost-benefit ratio of strategically using this promo to its fullest advantages. It's July, it's hot, the kids are all home from school and working hard is the last thing on my mind. I made a conscious decision not to push myself this summer. Sales will suffer but I feel better. 

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

For this recent promotion I listed the 5 items. Now when I check on the completed offer, it displays the 5 listings the offer should have been applied to. When I check those listing number, nothing displays. If anyone else is getting the same results or has an explanation it would be greatly appreciated. At the time of the offer was in the process of doing a number of relists and unable to confirm the exact 5 listings I chose.

Thanks,

CM

PS. Is it possible those numbers displayed are for cross reference only?

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I only listed one item during the offer. I just checked it for you and in the promotional offers it shows 1/4.  When I click on the blue "1", it tells me the item number of the item I intended to list.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply